S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

New s2k owner w/ endless questions

Old 11-21-2007, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New s2k owner w/ endless questions

I just threw coilovers on my stock shocks , well shocks with less miles. and i was told i am supposto get a camber kit with lowering it because it does have a little strange rear wheel un straight... ness. is it true that with it staggered like how it is now with the camber facing in i guess you would call it its better for of the line and if i got a camber kit it would be better for canyon runs ? 2nd question. is there really a point in buying cold air when you can cut the silencer out of the air box and save 300ish$? i see no real purpous if there is not going to be a significant upgrade. 3rd question! say i threw spoon cat, piggy back ecu, and headers.... i have a warrenty and cant they read that shit even when i take it off when i blow my transmission (on purpous) in 37 days when my grace period is up, cant they read the emissions shit or the air fuel mixture and see that i had other stuff on there from one time to another? how do i bypass that if that is the case? i am a new s2k owner.... this is nothing like my 3rd gen camaros that you could do anything to. Thanks!
Old 11-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 11-21-2007, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by jessessays,Nov 21 2007, 12:51 PM
I just threw coilovers on my stock shocks , well shocks with less miles. and i was told i am supposto get a camber kit with lowering it because it does have a little strange rear wheel un straight... ness. is it true that with it staggered like how it is now with the camber facing in i guess you would call it its better for of the line and if i got a camber kit it would be better for canyon runs ? 2nd question. is there really a point in buying cold air when you can cut the silencer out of the air box and save 300ish$? i see no real purpous if there is not going to be a significant upgrade. 3rd question! say i threw spoon cat, piggy back ecu, and headers.... i have a warrenty and cant they read that shit even when i take it off when i blow my transmission (on purpous) in 37 days when my grace period is up, cant they read the emissions shit or the air fuel mixture and see that i had other stuff on there from one time to another? how do i bypass that if that is the case? i am a new s2k owner.... this is nothing like my 3rd gen camaros that you could do anything to. Thanks!
Uhm ... coilovers have shocks+springs together so .... you must be talking about springs ....
Old 11-21-2007, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by stevoe88,Nov 21 2007, 12:59 PM
Uhm ... coilovers have shocks+springs together so .... you must be talking about springs ....
there are full coilovers and coilover sleeves...he's probably talking about coilover sleeves like the ground control or comptech coilovers..
Old 11-21-2007, 12:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW! It would help alot better with Capitalizations and grammer. With all the tons of questions you have, you should seperate it by giving each question its own line so we can see it a little clearer. Just trying to help you out.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:20 PM

ummm..... yeah

Old 11-21-2007, 01:15 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

seriously... wtf is up with the punctuation... if i were you being a new member at 7 days, I'd at least try to make stuff neat for ppl to read in order to get helped.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:19 PM

Wow.... your poor camaro must have been a POS. Please sell your car, your not worthy.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:49 PM

Hilarious
Old 11-21-2007, 01:53 PM

If you blow your transmission on purpose, the dealer will won't replace. The warranty is for things that break, not wear out. I have heard stories of peoples transmissions being denied warranty coverage because the dealer suspected them of "quick shifting."

P.S. Sell your car and buy a mustang, it will suit you much better.

Quick Reply: New s2k owner w/ endless questions