S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

November Rain.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default November Rain.

I am lucky. My wife is ok. But, the S will have to go to the shop. Watch out driving in the rain. I know everyone here has heard this before, but I'm from Oregon where it RAINS! Anyway, she was accelerating onto the freeway and spun the out when she hit a puddle this morning. She impacted the rear driver side right behind the wheel onto a light pole. It spun her off the road onto the grass. Our car is lowered, and she was able to get it back onto the road and drive it home. Be careful!
It doesn't look like this anymore.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:43 PM

good thing shes ok.... cars can always be fixed, people... not so much ;-)

get some all seasons on there for her!
Old 11-09-2009, 03:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, what kinda tires are you running? (Trying not to say, "women drivers, no survivors")
Old 11-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Glad your wife is alright.

Tires are an important factor, but driving habits are more important.
Being a fellow oregonian I drive my fair share of rain and havent ever had any real problems, but I tend to be very mindful of the curves (I try not to accelerate into a wet corner, onramp or not).

My summer tires (Direzza Star Specs) were completely shot in the rear also. I just put my winters back on this last weekend.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:51 PM

I just put winter tires on today. Be careful out there.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:10 PM

Main reason why I won't let my wife drive the car. I'm too afraid that it will come out from underneath her. I'd rather be the one in that situation. Don't think I could ever forgive myself if something were to happen to her while driving the S.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:33 AM

^ but I'm not married. I would rather be the one in the driver's seat than a friend/girlfriend/wife/what have you. In fact, leaving the girlfirend's apt complex saturday night produced some slow speed sliding.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:14 AM

Picture of the damage?
Old 11-10-2009, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Sabre,Nov 9 2009, 06:02 PM
Glad your wife is alright.

Tires are an important factor, but driving habits are more important.
Being a fellow oregonian I drive my fair share of rain and havent ever had any real problems, but I tend to be very mindful of the curves (I try not to accelerate into a wet corner, onramp or not).

My summer tires (Direzza Star Specs) were completely shot in the rear also. I just put my winters back on this last weekend.
Yes, I'm really glad that she is fine also. She is a great driver, we have been together for six years, and she has never wrecked any of the 14 cars we have had or curbed any of our rims. But, she hasn't driven a car like the S much.

I have BFG N/T's that have about 4500 miles. They still have good tread. I have stock wheels with mismatched tires that that I got with the car. Good Year Eagle GT's front and Toyo T1's rear. I didn't like how the drove so I bought the wheels pictured last July.

She decided to take the S instead of the Ridgeline, because it was out of gas. (My fault) Which sucks because I feel responsible, even though she has driven the S many times without incident. I had just bought studded tires for the Ridgeline on Friday also. I was trying to have things happen the right way. Damn!

My best friend is an Awesome car painter, auto body repair, and custom fabrication Master. He is coming to get the car later today. I'll get a pic of it later.

Note: I have taken the blacked out lights off, because they are illegal here, and have gone back to stock.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:53 PM

Good to hear she's okay. Thanks for the reminder. My girlfriend asked me the other day why I don't take the S on those "spirited" backroad drives anymore. I told her that I did an autocross this year on a rainy day and I spent most of the time spinning

Quick Reply: November Rain.