S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Official S2000 CR Owners Thread Part III

Old 11-16-2010, 06:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

@ Ayau: all the "bumpers" on the trunk have left marks on the space around the trunk on my car, so the wing does generate quite a bit....

EVERY car I know with a APR or Voltex wing has a warped trunk from the force...
Old 11-16-2010, 08:23 AM

Well, my local service advisor and his tech confirm that at least one of my wheel bearings is going out. However, the service manager wont work on my car with the carbotechs on in case he gets audited by Honda.

T-minus 250 miles before warranty is out.

Gotta swap rotors and pads when I get home, only to put them back on for the weekend.

Weird part is that the front left is the loudest one. Is it because of a lot of the local tracks run clockwise? I do know that I'm willing to push a lot harder turning right than left while canyoning...
Old 11-16-2010, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

almost 36k miles? why not extend the factory warranty so you don't have to stress it?
Old 11-16-2010, 08:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

psychoazn has about 60k miles on his CR.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:53 AM

[QUOTE=herrjr,Nov 16 2010, 09:39 AM] almost 36k miles?
Old 11-16-2010, 01:52 PM

recently went to honda service dept "complaining" about the TPMS light on my dash which caused by having TPMS sensors from different CR

but i didnt tell them it was from different CR they reprogrammed the sensors for free under warranty
Old 11-16-2010, 01:54 PM

i was just outside checking out the wing. i put some of my body weight from the top of the wing and the trunk definitely flexes. to give you an idea how hard im pressing, i cross my arms and rest them on top of the wing. then i go on the tip of my toes and let my weight fall on the wing. i would guess im putting around 90 lbs of pressure (i weigh 150lbs), but that's just a complete guess.

from my non-scientific test, it seems like the trunk lid flexes more so than the rear suspension compresses. so does that mean that the cr wing on non-reinforced trunk has 0 function? i suppose at the trunk flexing threshold, the rear suspensions would eventually compress. i have eibach pro kit springs so i can't speak for those who are on stock springs/dampers.

does someone have the downforce specs for the cr wing? i'm interested in actually seeing how much downforce is applied to the rear at X mph.

also, for the non-cr owners who are concerned about their trunk warping, you can install the wing as far back as possible (near the ledge of the trunk). the trunk has a lot more reinforcement at the ledge compared to just a flat surface.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:00 PM

one more question i had was, is there an aerodynamic benefit from having the wing stands towards the middle instead of the edge of the trunk? all the semi-aggressive to aggressive wings i've seen have the wing stands near the edge of the trunk lid. perhaps the location of the cr wing stands were purely for cosmetics.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by cantsleep,Nov 16 2010, 02:52 PM
recently went to honda service dept "complaining" about the TPMS light on my dash which caused by having TPMS sensors from different CR

but i didnt tell them it was from different CR they reprogrammed the sensors for free under warranty
hope that works at my local dealership(s) - do they have to remove the wheels or anything like that? Or do they just do it right away while you wait?
Old 11-16-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by psychoazn,Nov 16 2010, 09:53 AM
My service adviser does warranty work on my car fully knowing what I do with it. Extended warranty, even through Honda, wouldn't allow for that at all. Unfortunately. And the extended warranty has a pretty bad rep as it is.

Realistically, I don't think 40k miles of coverage would be worth the thousand dollars.

@Herrjr: Any luck with the TPMS yet?
I see - haven't had the chance to install the wheels - I'll let you know when I do!

Quick Reply: Official S2000 CR Owners Thread Part III