S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: Hows your top holding up?
Great! It's as good new!
29.87%
Average
11.69%
It's ok, but the quality is poor
6.49%
It sucks but no holes
2.60%
It sucks and I have a wear hole
49.35%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

People that have/ had holes in top please vote

Old 09-16-2004, 05:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by benny,Sep 15 2004, 09:22 PM
Nasti have you tried any other Honda dealers in your area? Just this past weekend I noticed two wear spots on the inside of the top, above and behind the side window on both sides. There are no holes yet but it is just a matter of time. Today I took the car in and had the service manager look at it. After about two minutes, he ordered me a new top. No questions asked.
Bottom line, I think the dealer is jerking you around.
Which dealership did you take it to? Also, is your car under the 3 year 36,000 miles warranty? And whom did you speak with at the dealership? I may take it there. But right now, I am not dealing with the dealership, I am dealing with American Honda. They are the ones jerking me around.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:08 AM

No holes on my 2002. I keep lookin but nothing. I guess some people just don't get them?
Old 09-16-2004, 08:04 AM

I've got the holes and I voted it sucks! I just finished writing a letter that I'm sending to Honda. That's my last resort. (I already went the claim number route w/ Honda Customer Care and the DSM b.s. None of that worked for me.) For all you people out there...just because you've already gotten your top replaced or don't have the problem doesn't mean you won't and you should vote reagardless. We need the power of the people. My girlfriend has a degree in law and she thinks we could have a pretty good lawsuit, but we need a lot of people to admit to having the problem and that they want a resolution.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by dmfitz82,Sep 16 2004, 10:04 AM
I've got the holes and I voted it sucks! I just finished writing a letter that I'm sending to Honda. That's my last resort. (I already went the claim number route w/ Honda Customer Care and the DSM b.s. None of that worked for me.) For all you people out there...just because you've already gotten your top replaced or don't have the problem doesn't mean you won't and you should vote reagardless. We need the power of the people. My girlfriend has a degree in law and she thinks we could have a pretty good lawsuit, but we need a lot of people to admit to having the problem and that they want a resolution.
I'm glad you understand my point. If anyone knows of the people that had holes, send them a PM and tell them to come and vote on this thread. We need a haed count here!
Old 09-16-2004, 08:45 AM

We thinking class action thing?

Fix holes as warranty work and redesign parts to avoid this issue?
Old 09-16-2004, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by mbilderback,Sep 16 2004, 10:45 AM
We thinking class action thing?

Fix holes as warranty work and redesign parts to avoid this issue?
Basically. For some reason Honda is treating different people different ways for the same issue... which is not fair. That's basically discrimination. If two people come up and both their cars are out of warranty, they can't decide to fix one car and turn the other person away if both situations are exactly the same, i.e. torn roof in the same place, both cars out of warranty.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:06 PM

People, please vote... please
Old 09-16-2004, 01:13 PM

If I recall, there are a few people who had their top replaced by Honda, but the holes have redeveloped on the NEW top.

Whether it's poor design of the frame or poor choice in the material for the top is up for debate. That's why I'm apprehensive about getting my top replaced. I don't want to get my top replaced only to suffer the same problems again.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently had a problem with the top of my s2k and i had to go through a mission just to get 50% coverage. Also the service manager at the dealership had to convince the dsm to do it also. Im afraid with time this would happen again. I even have proof in the invoice i received from honda stating that the mechanical device of the convertible top when it retracts make the punture in the top. I have pictures if needed.. Im not sure if that could help any but if a damm honda rep states thats the cause, why cant honda just fix it right. Some have gotten it total fixed without paying a dime.. some like me paid 50%.. others just got screwed... Oh by the way.. i told the dsm i used the top 3-5 times a week and she said i use it exesive and that like anything, it wares out the more you use it. Her recomendation, to use it less. Thats honda for you.. I never knew i had to consider my CONVERTIBLE as a HARDTOP....
Old 09-16-2004, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by rikhemi,Sep 16 2004, 04:00 PM
I recently had a problem with the top of my s2k and i had to go through a mission just to get 50% coverage. Also the service manager at the dealership had to convince the dsm to do it also. Im afraid with time this would happen again. I even have proof in the invoice i received from honda stating that the mechanical device of the convertible top when it retracts make the punture in the top. I have pictures if needed.. Im not sure if that could help any but if a damm honda rep states thats the cause, why cant honda just fix it right. Some have gotten it total fixed without paying a dime.. some like me paid 50%.. others just got screwed... Oh by the way.. i told the dsm i used the top 3-5 times a week and she said i use it exesive and that like anything, it wares out the more you use it. Her recomendation, to use it less. Thats honda for you.. I never knew i had to consider my CONVERTIBLE as a HARDTOP....
I probably retract my top about 5 times a week (back and forth) on average, which isn't a lot if you ask me. I told Honda and the dealership that it is the frame and not the top and they won't listen to me. I told them that I wanted the frame to be fixed and not only the top. Do the MY02+ cars have the same convertible frame as the MY00 and MY01's ?.

Quick Reply: People that have/ had holes in top please vote