S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Phone mount install: Soundgate M2

Old 10-05-2010, 07:05 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks. Just ordered one via eBay. Will come in handy when I use my iPhone as GPS on the way to WTD in the spring.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The adhesive is pretty strong. Before I purchased I only read one review where a guy had problems with it coming unstuck and he lived in Arizona and said interior temps while the car was sitting could reach 120+ deg. In the North Carolina heat at the end of summer I didnt have any problem. As for removing it judging by reviews and the type of 3M tape is is I don't see an issue. I'm anal about my stuff and def wouldn't have stuck it to the S if I thought it would damage anything.

The other spots I considered were the flat portion of the dash above the air vents by the steering wheel. And then same position I have it now but on top of the dash so that I could of shot driving video with the phone. I settled on this spot because it almost looks like factory navigation as well as my passenger being able to use the device as well.

You guys post up pictures when you get them installed!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:36 PM

i installed this on my car and the adhesive came off in 100 degree texas weather. i would screw it down
Old 10-06-2010, 06:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Booey1979,Oct 4 2010, 08:30 PM
Check out proclipusa's mount. I have it on my Z... The one on the s2000 is cleaner too. Cost a bit but opts quality!
I'd actually suggest using Modifry's bracket instead of ProClip's vehicle mount for the S. Their device mounts are great though.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by takeshi,Oct 6 2010, 08:11 AM
I'd actually suggest using Modifry's bracket instead of ProClip's vehicle mount for the S. Their device mounts are great though.
I agree. Modifry makes great products and does an excellent job of supporting the S2ki community. I've bought numerous products from him and not been disappointed by a single one. In fact, he went above and beyond to even customize one item for me to satisfy my needs - and he didn't charge a penny more than the base price despite having to spend extra hands-on time to make it.

Now that I think about it, I'm glad I didn't get this mount so I can spend a few more bucks and have them go to Modifry when I do!