S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Poor tt owners

Old 08-10-2003, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by BPUKiller
http://www.myaudittsucks.com/

I would hate to see a mys2000sucks.com sucks page.

Sam
No one will be buying that domain; it is already registered.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:35 AM
DDD

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mav
[B]

Damn, he won't be buying a new car, not even a used car, for quite some time now that his credit just went to hell.
Old 08-10-2003, 11:16 AM

My boyfriend had a black Audi TT. I think it was a '01. Anyways, he loved the way it looked back then, but it was in the shop more often than he drove it. He tells everyone now to stay away from Audi all together. The service at Audi really sucks, and the reliability is just awful!
The worst thing that happened when he had the TT was that his coolant was leaking. My cat had a meal of coolant apparently in the garage, and he almost died!!!!! $500.00 later, he survived. I would of killed Audi if my cat died!

Anyways, we got rid of the TT. It was nothing but trouble and bad luck.

Now we had a red S2k!
Old 08-10-2003, 01:05 PM

I've said it many times and I'll keep repeating it: God bless the internet! Gone are the days when a large corporation could screw the little guy and get away with it without the little guy being able to reach a large audience and be heard and put a slight dent (albeit very small, but still) on their profits!
Old 08-10-2003, 02:37 PM

the audi tt is one of those cars i absolutely hate...i don't know why but around here, only stuck-up a$$holes drive this car.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:04 AM

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by BPUKiller
I would hate to see a mys2000sucks.com sucks page.
For what it's worth, this guy has had his page up for years now, and when he was having the most problems several folks from the Audi TT forum at audiworld.com offered to help him; he refused, apparently preferring to post his problems.

FWIW, I had a 2001 Audi TT 225 Coupe and I had very few problems with it (the biggest were interior rattles my dealer could never properly track down or fix...)
Old 08-11-2003, 12:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My friend drives a Audi TT, Actually him and his brother both have Audi's. One is the TT and the other is a A4 (both are higly modded and oh so so so clean).. I must say theyre the only 2 Audi owners that have never complained about anything nor has anything broke on them.

Audi Cars are weird.. most crap out on you and there are some of those few exceptions that make it through and lasts. My other friend has a silver 2000 A4... It goes to the dealer almost every month for some bullshit stuff breaking down here and there. Honestly VW reliability is CRAP.. my friend works at the VW dealership and he says he sees more cars go through the service area than any other dealerships. VW is ranked pretty low in the reliability department.. And thats what I really look for when purchasing a new car...reliability.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:18 AM

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by SpeedxRacer
Audi Cars are weird.. most crap out on you and there are some of those few exceptions that make it through and lasts.
Well, personal experience is a 2001 225 TT Coupe and a 1998.5 A4 1.8T Quattro. Both have been bulletproof and have never had a problem that wasn't minor (e.g. Windshield washer reservoir cracked, problem with glove compartment door, etc.)

Further, the number of people on the Audi TT forum who have had actual complaints about their cars is relatively small - I'd say no more than the number of people who've had #4 cylinder failures here.

To say Audi/VW quality is "crap" is IMHO a massive overstatement; most everyone I know (except for those who chipped their S4s and blew turbos) have been happy with theirs.

By personal experience, if I wanted to buy a car I thought would be highly reliable, I'd buy another Audi in a second...
Old 08-11-2003, 07:26 AM

Audi TT owners, shoot, I feel bad for the Benz owners out there with lemons.

http://www.mercedes-benz-usa.com

OUCH!
Old 08-11-2003, 08:27 AM

Here is my favorite:
http://www.mercedes-benz-usa.com/c_class.php

"Yihua writes:
Just bought the 2003 C240 a month ago. My dad drove the car around the block and the car started to accelerate when he is making a U turn. Hit the right front wheel on the curb. Blown the tire. Went to the dealer for repair. They could not find anything wrong with the car because it passed the diagnostic test. A test engineer myself so I know that does not mean anything. Just picked up the car, the alignment is totally mess up as if it went through an accident. I think my dad handle it properly because he also drives a German car, a Volvo S80. He wants me to take the car back to the dealership for more tests. I don't think they will find anything wrong with the vehicle."

I highlighted the good part.