S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Is that a Porsche?

Old 06-29-2004, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is that a Porsche?

Sitting in my car at my office parking garage and this 40 something suit comes over and although I am sitting in my car trying to make a call on my cell he proceeds to ask me what year my porsche is. I smile, thinking back to all the funny stories you guys on this forum tell about what people call your cars. I tell him its a Honda and he's all shocked and says how beautiful it is. I thank him and start my car ready to go home after a night of working late. He then begins walking around the car, being friendly and everything, and starts to tell me if its a 6 cylinder and I tell him its a NA I4 and he tells me how its such a shame that Honda makes such peice of crap engines and they should make V6's to get some decent power! Then he continues about how the second worst part of Honda cars are the transmission. OMG! So basically a complete stranger who works somewhere in my office is telling me how beautiful my car is but what a peice of crap under the sheetmetal. I bid him goodnight and take off into the night with the biggest grin.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you shoulda taken him for a sprint around the block...
Old 06-29-2004, 05:26 AM

It is no less than amazing to me how people seem to think that the number of cylinders alone determines engine output. Or perhaps "think" is too strong a word here...
Old 06-29-2004, 05:28 AM

As soon as you wrote "suit" I knew we were in trouble! Ah...what would this world be without the dangerously misinformed??
Old 06-29-2004, 06:16 AM

Funny story Seems like some people want to compliment the car, but realize it's "just a Honda," so they have to throw in a little jab about the engine, transmission, tire size, whatever. I don't let it bother me much, and it sounds like you don't either.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:22 AM

There are many people who are misinformed about cars in general and think MORE is better. The "suits" also seem to gravitate to labels (i.e. Porsches, M-B's, etc) instead of cars that they deem inferior.

Ignorance is bliss.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:50 AM

What a bonehead he is.

I've always driven and loved Hondas so I had the opposite reaction when I first saw this car. I was drooling over the cool sportscar in front of me, but when I noticed the "H" I went nuts. Someday, I'd have to drive one. When I bought the car I got the black chrome "H" badge because I'm proud it's a Honda, and I think the S2000 deserves a bit more classy H.

Anyway, I'd hate to think that someone thought I was driving a Porsche. I'm way too well-hung to buy a Porsche.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:55 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by VTEC_Junkie
you shoulda taken him for a sprint around the block...
Old 06-29-2004, 12:04 PM

Originally posted by Axel6
The "suits" also seem to gravitate to labels (i.e. Porsches, M-B's, etc) instead of cars that they deem inferior.
Perhaps you do not understand the intricacies of Mercedes Benz

Old 06-29-2004, 01:01 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

A couple VTEC punches with him in the passenger seat would have shut his mouth.

Then there are the twisties..........

Quick Reply: Is that a Porsche?