S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Pre-painted lip doesn't match.....grrrrrrrr!!

Old 09-04-2003, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pre-painted lip doesn't match.....grrrrrrrr!!

I just received my 4ig Amuse style front lip which was supposed to be pre-painted GPW.

Well, it doesn't match. It's too white compared to the car. Has anyone every had this problem from 4ig??

Also, i've read that the lip was supposed to be pre-drilled for the cylinder screws, mine's not.

Whats going on??
Old 09-04-2003, 02:18 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried contacting Brandon first? This is why I always recommend that you purchase body kits/parts unpainted cause every car has it's little nuances. It's going to be easier to get a local shop to match it then sending it back to Brandon to try again.
Old 09-04-2003, 02:21 PM
Spammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hello, i dont recall selling you a lip?

Also, the GP white is very hard to match, even factory OEM doesnt always match, our paint was matched to my roomates car, and it turned out fine as well as others who received the lip
Old 09-04-2003, 03:19 PM

My lip matches the car well. Thanks Brandon!
Old 09-04-2003, 03:51 PM

I didn't buy it directly from Brandon.

I bought it from a guy who got it from the 4ig group buy 2 months ago.

It was still brand new never mounted.

Anyways, i can understand how paint can never be perfect every time. I just figured that GPW was pretty white (compared to a pearl or Champ White), and when I test mounted the lip, the lip was even whiter!!

I'll take it to a shop and try to get it matched. By the way, the fitment was quite good when using the black side spacers...

Although I think the installation would be easier if the 4 bottom holes (with the cylinder bolts) were pre-drilled.

Thanks for your help
Simon
Old 09-04-2003, 04:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't take this the wrong way, but did you wash your car first? Also, depending on the year of your vehicle and the elements around you I could see a possible paint difference since you are dealing with a brand new lip.

As stated above, even a bone stock brand new S2000 will have noticeable color differences from the bumper to the hood, I've seen this more promonent on the whites and I can easilly see it on my blue but the flopping of the SBM helps blend it though.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:55 PM

3ngin33r1 - thanks for pointing out the differences in the blue. I had noticed that in certain lights (like in my garage), the bumper is terribly different than the rest of my Suzuka Blue. In regular daylight, however, it is not so noticeable.

I was almost ready to take it back to the dealer and ask if they had rammed my car into a wall by accident and repainted it to cover it up.

Trending Topics

Old 09-04-2003, 05:03 PM

Well from owning three white cars let me tell you.....white is the hardest hardest HARDEST color to match. White over time tends to "yellow". My Airwalker sides and Kawagen front bumper are also whiter than my car. The OEM lip I have is also whiter than my car and so is my rear spoiler. All you can do is live with it and hope that the parts "fade" over time and make it less noticable. This was true for my Integra also. The whole bodykit was whiter than the car but after about a year of washing it seemed to fade and blend in with each other. Right now all the body panels match and you cannot tell. If you want it to match right away the only thing you can do is give them the car itself and they will either try to match it by eye mixing the paint or they will have to fade the new part in by painting the adjacent body panels to blend in. When I put on the OEM kits at work on the RSX's and TL's, even those dont really match up perfectly on the pearl white color.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by minako
[B]3ngin33r1 - thanks for pointing out the differences in the blue. I had noticed that in certain lights (like in my garage), the bumper is terribly different than the rest of my Suzuka Blue. In regular daylight, however, it is not so noticeable.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:03 PM

Originally posted by 3ngin33r1
but the flopping of the SBM helps blend it though.
Eh

I got a new tow hook cover for mine and it didnt match very well. I was going to try and give it a cut and see if it helps?

Quick Reply: Pre-painted lip doesn't match.....grrrrrrrr!!