S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Profiled By Police 4 Yellow?

Old 05-12-2005, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't want to go into any long drawn out stories but my answer is absolutely. I am super aware of my speed when driving the S and have never gotten a ticket in it because i know that the cops love it. I have been harrassed several times...
Old 05-12-2005, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by SpeedxRacer,May 11 2005, 11:25 PM
Police officers are human, the yellow will catch their eye more than a subtle color.
Yellow also catches the eye of zoo monkeys- that doesn't mean anything.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:14 AM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I've been pulled pver for display of acceleration or something stupid like that after gently using the onramp of an interstate to build speed from 20 to 75. At no point did I break the speed limit and I didn't even try to accelerate quickly (no downshift, barely into VTEC), but because my car was yellow, sporty, and a convertable, they pulled me over. They asked me if I knew why they pulled me over and I said no. They said something about accelerating too quickly and I said "It's an interstate onramp- Isn't that what they're for?!". I left without a ticket.

Tim
Old 05-12-2005, 07:44 AM

Received 2,862 Likes on 1,667 Posts

It's possible the cop was telling the truth, or he just wanted to check you out for whatever reason, make sure the car was properly insured registered, not stolen, whatever.

We were coming back from Vintage Spring Fling a couple of weeks ago. Two Suzuka Blue S's with Vintage guys at the wheel of each car. We driving in PA on Route 522 on a Sunday. Weren't speeding(not at that point anyway). Local cop coming the other way turns around and follows us for the next couple of miles.

Maybe he got a kick out of making sure no speeding laws were being broken, and making us stay around 35-40 mph, who knows?
Old 05-12-2005, 07:58 AM

i hate to say it but, i knew when i bought my car i would get positive/negative attention. especially from cops, think of it as a positive note if you car ever gets stolen at least they can spot your car
Old 05-12-2005, 08:01 AM

It's probably a instance of probability as well. Since you are in rural Alabama, a yellow car is probably 1 in thousands. So they figure they have their man. But I am almost positive that unless you are caught in the act they can't bust you for anything. For example, if you were speeding down the freeway and they saw you speeding but for whatever reason lost you for a few mins and found you parked at the gas station later, they couldn't really say you were the one that was speeding unless there was some without a doubt identifing marker, say a license plate.

I'm embarrassed to say that once I was splitting lanes on my bike (legal in California) rather quickly (maybe not as legal) and once traffic cleared up was going with the flow of traffic. I passed another bike, same color and model as mine's, and at the next exit I exited the freeway. As I was exiting and slowing down, I saw a cop flash its lights at the other bike. Now I don't know if the cop wanted the bike to pull over or what, but if the cop were busting the bike for unsafe riding, I have to say it was me, not him. But I was already exiting the freeway. It is also worthy to mention that I was in the fast lane and the other bike in the slow and we swapped positions right before I was to exit and the cop showed up. I felt bad, but what could I do?
Old 05-12-2005, 09:01 AM
bkw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the color of my car makes me drive more carefully and makes me think twice before dropping the hammer and doing something stupid.

if you think about it, this is a very good thing.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:02 AM

Sounds like he was just doing his job. He wasn't harassing you, profiling you, or doing anything else unsavory.

I got pulled over last night for not having any plates. Of course, new cars don't have plates, they have stickers on the windshield, but the officer didn't see it when I passed him, so he pulled me over to check out the situation. No harm, no foul. He was just doing his job.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:27 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like harassment. If the first car really was concerned about something a yellow car may have done, he would have been the one to pull you over.

I get pulled over all the time in the sticks for red. Never a good reason - "It sounded modified" - not, or "I thought you might be swerving" - not, or some other lame excuse.

I think they hope we'll just do something to get their adrenaline up.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:31 AM

I thought you meant it was because you were asian at first because I don't know of many that live in Alabama.

It doesn't sound like you got harrassed too much it could've been a lot worse, unfortunately you were pulled over though.

Quick Reply: Profiled By Police 4 Yellow?