S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

question about hair and the S2000

Old 06-20-2005, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe that you will find that it's easier to fit your 12" doo into your S when you have the top down. You may note an audible whistling sound and a slight tug as the wind rushes through your, uh..., curles and the additional drag will probably degrade your fuel economy a little. As an added bonus, just imagine the additional exercise you will get for your neck, upper torso and abdomen during a spirited drive, as you use those muscles to lean foreword into the morning air. Watch-out for bugs and low-flying birds and you and your doo will be just fine. As an additional warning, it might be prudent to ... you know, tuck it in ... if you're forced to drive past a vegetation fire. It's best to keep the "90 MPH with your hair on fire" as a allegorical illustration rather than a literal demonstration of independence.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Abide,Jun 20 2005, 07:27 AM
I used to spike my hair alot, i used Ice Glue, it comes in colors and stuff, and once it drys, its not going anywhere, its even pretty waterproof. I could dive into a pool and come out with my hair still spiked a few times. You have to shampoo it multiple times to get it out. Should work fine for you.

almost forgot, you can also stab people with your hair when they arent paying attention.
I Use the same stuff, If you want to have a really stiff hold, use the Ice Spiker Blast hairspray with it, and blow it dry. Your hair will go no where. When I did spike my hair with the ICE stuff, My friends would comment on my hair NOT moving when the top was down.

-Chase
Old 06-20-2005, 09:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't waste money on ICE Spiker products...

Buy the Got2B Spiker... same stuff, under 5 bucks for the same amount. (vs $13)

Great stuff, it's what I've used for 4 years.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Squeezer,Jun 20 2005, 07:16 AM
are you a metrosexual?
nah dude i was just curious because if i'm going to go to a party and stuff i want to see what i'm going to need to put on
Old 06-20-2005, 11:30 AM

forgive me for my "put the top up" comment, i am an ignorant newbie..
Old 06-20-2005, 12:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Never ride with wet gel. It's like driving with flypaper on your head.

My problem is the smell. Top down driving in traffic and such leave this odor on me that causes complaints from the wife. The hair picks up the most of it.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:51 PM

When I used to spike my hair everything would stay firmly glued with gel except the on the back crown of my head. Nothing a little more gel could not fix when I arrived at my destination. My buddy even bought me a small travel gel container for the car.

Ryan
Old 06-20-2005, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by mad-dog-one,Jun 20 2005, 11:58 AM
I believe that you will find that it's easier to fit your 12" doo into your S when you have the top down. You may note an audible whistling sound and a slight tug as the wind rushes through your, uh..., curles and the additional drag will probably degrade your fuel economy a little. As an added bonus, just imagine the additional exercise you will get for your neck, upper torso and abdomen during a spirited drive, as you use those muscles to lean foreword into the morning air. Watch-out for bugs and low-flying birds and you and your doo will be just fine. As an additional warning, it might be prudent to ... you know, tuck it in ... if you're forced to drive past a vegetation fire. It's best to keep the "90 MPH with your hair on fire" as a allegorical illustration rather than a literal demonstration of independence.

Old 06-20-2005, 02:44 PM

Received 1,148 Likes on 1,069 Posts

Originally Posted by Tsa1,Jun 20 2005, 03:30 PM
forgive me for my "put the top up" comment, i am an ignorant newbie..
All in good fun! Truth be told, when I take the S to work the top is always up on the way there. On the way home is a different story.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:30 PM

Try elmers glue, its what all of the punk kids from my high school used for their mohawks and 3 foot spikes.

Quick Reply: question about hair and the S2000