S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Quick question

Old 08-27-2007, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question

So theres a guy selling a car with turbo on it with a pretty good price from what i can see. But hes also willing to take the turbo out for a much lower price. Is it a good idea to but the car without the turbo? LIke would the engine and everything be ok since it was once turbo but not anymore? Would i have alot of engine issues after?
Old 08-27-2007, 04:02 PM

Just keep the turbo in and asked for install receipts and make sure THE CAR WAS TUNED PROPERLY! If it has a turbo kit on it, with a very solid tune (to adjust air/fuel ratios amongst other things to ensure optimum performance and safety for the engine) a turbo engine can last just as long as an NA engine (naturally aspirated, meaning no forced induction).

-matt
Old 08-27-2007, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by mattfeet,Aug 27 2007, 04:02 PM
Just keep the turbo in and asked for install receipts and make sure THE CAR WAS TUNED PROPERLY! If it has a turbo kit on it, with a very solid tune (to adjust air/fuel ratios amongst other things to ensure optimum performance and safety for the engine) a turbo engine can last just as long as an NA engine (naturally aspirated, meaning no forced induction).

-matt
Sounds good but i would like to know if anything would happen if i took it out.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:29 PM

if everything was tuned properly, and you take it out, there should be no adverse effects
Old 08-29-2007, 08:11 AM

Anyone else have an input to this?
Old 08-29-2007, 08:20 AM

I agree there are no lasting effects after taking it out if it was tuned properly. If the price is within your range with with turbo left in, just keep it or you'll probably wish you had it later down the line.

Or ask him to take out the turbo and let me know how to get in touch with him if he likes selling things cheap
Old 08-29-2007, 08:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't buy the car. The odds of the turbo being properly tuned and responsibly owned are exceptionally slim.

It's just too easy to turn up the boost to unsafe levels. I mean, why is the guy selling the car?
Old 08-29-2007, 08:35 AM

Oh sorry i didn't mean Turbo i meant Super Charger. I don't know if that makes a different or not

his ad says: Comptech Supercharger and flywheel, ACT high pressure clutch, high flow cat., Amuse front lip, C-West kit side and rear, completely tuned with 330whp
Old 08-29-2007, 08:40 AM

Awesome, even better for me. Get him to take it all off and sell it to me cheap cheap All kidding aside (I'm only half kidding about that), I say leave it on and save yourself a lot of trouble down the line when you want to get one again.

Then again, you may have support/parts issues if Comptech doesn't get back on their feet soon enough as production of all components and products has halted.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by MikeyCB,Aug 29 2007, 08:40 AM
Awesome, even better for me. Get him to take it all off and sell it to me cheap cheap All kidding aside (I'm only half kidding about that), I say leave it on and save yourself a lot of trouble down the line when you want to get one again.

Then again, you may have support/parts issues if Comptech doesn't get back on their feet soon enough as production of all components and products has halted.
well i think im set on buying the car stock..no nothing on it.. So yea if you guys could help me out with out telling me to keep it..Casue i think he sold the parts already.

Quick Reply: Quick question