S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Rain again, again.

Old 06-11-2003, 02:04 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts
Default Rain again, again.

A few weeks ago I started a thread titled "Rain again". It was to complain about the rain we were getting in Northern New Jersey and how my S was stuck in the garage. A magical thing happened. A few people started to become regular contributors to the thread and it took on a life of its own. I developed friendships with a guy from New Jersey, Ohio, Mass, Maryland, Virginia, Michigan and a few other places. Some of us are even getting together at Fall Colors and other meets. I thought that was pretty nice. The discussion started about the weather but grew and meandered. We actually looked forward to checking in each day.

My fear is that some of you may have tuned into the thread before it really got rolling and left before it had a chance to develop. Because I believe you never have enough friends I've decided to start another weather thread (that why its "Rain again, again").

So, let me get it started by saying:

There is rain predicted for Northern New Jersey for tonight, Thursday, Friday and the weekend. Do you think I'll be able to get my S out of the garage before August?
Old 06-11-2003, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nope
Old 06-11-2003, 02:23 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ralper
[B]
So, let me get it started by saying:

[B]There is rain predicted for Northern New Jersey for tonight, Thursday, Friday and the weekend.
Old 06-11-2003, 02:25 PM

I have only put 4,000 miles on mine since November last year!
After driving the Hyundai so much.... I have to get used to the S again.

This is the middle of June already where is our summer?
Old 06-11-2003, 02:49 PM

I feel your pain, this morning I'm driving east bound on H-1 (it's the main freeway here on Oahu that takes you to Waikiki and Diamond Head for example.) And anyways, it's like upper 70's top down, and out of the blue we get these damn mauka showers....very annoying. So as you can see, I really know what you're talking about.
Old 06-11-2003, 02:59 PM

This weekend the chance of rain is only 10% so to me that's like 0%.
And actually you could have driven the car yesterday and today.
I drove it yesterday.
Unless you only take it out on weekends ralper??
Old 06-11-2003, 03:06 PM

Sorry to hear about that forecast, Ralper.
It will make it even sweeter once you get your chance though...
Patience....
Cheers,
Daniel
Old 06-11-2003, 03:16 PM

Ralpher....we're getting the same here in CT. i didn't get to wash my car for two weeks. when i finally got a day last week...i had to rush home before the rain came again. i drive my Subaru more than my S...that's just not right!
but part of Saturday and then Sunday should be great days.
Old 06-11-2003, 03:57 PM

Received 1,416 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Peter

I was going to take it to work yesterday but I had an evening appointment in Paterson, NJ. Paterson is not a roadster friendly town. I wish I was just in my office, I'd have taken it to work.

ugotmade

I know what you mean but I sold my last sportscar, my 1952 MG-TD, in 1982 right before my wife and I got married. It took me 21 years to buy another (my S). I don't think it will melt in the rain, but I'm not taking any chances.

Vicki

I track my miles by the month as well as for gas mileage. I'm anal about it. Since March I've been averaging 275 to 300 miles per month. I keep telling myself that next month I'll put on more miles, but it keeps on raining.

midnitealon

I've heard that you have some real tough weather in Hawaii Why don't you move east to New Jersey and enjoy the rain with us?

Daniel

I believe in patience, but we've been waiting since March. Do you think the rain will ever stop.

By the way, "Gran Prix" is much better than "LeMans". I still don't like Steve McQueen.

jcr9

I hear you. I've been putting a lot of miles on my 4Runner, and its no where near as much fun as my S.

Its now 8:00 P.M., Wednesday 06/11/03 and overcast in Northern New Jersey. The rain is expected any time now.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Roku_F20C
nope
yup

Quick Reply: Rain again, again.