S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Rear Window Warranty Replacement

Old 10-19-2001, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Window Warranty Replacement

I was wondering if anyone had managed to get their dealer to replace the plastic rear window under warrantee after it developed the scratching problem. Mine is totally shot and I plan on protecting it next time, but it seems like it's basically an error on the part of Honda and they should replace it the first time.

Any luck with this? Can the new glass one be retrofitted to my top, or does it fold differently?
Old 10-19-2001, 10:18 AM

I don't know of anyone who's rear window is that bad. IMO, it's doubtful you'll get relief from Honda. What products are you using on it? Take a look at FAQ and the Wash and Wax forum.

Good luck.
Old 10-19-2001, 11:10 AM

Every second rear window I have seen is terrible. I wonder if we could get a list of people who, like me, think that the rear window should definitely be replaced by Honda.

Just a thought.

Brandon
00 #1482
Old 10-19-2001, 11:22 AM

I was frustrated with mine until airgate told me to just put a coat of wax on it. It Worked!! Crystal clear.
Old 10-19-2001, 11:48 AM

Had mine replaced - under warranty - about a month ago . New one is crystal clear !

Took the dealership 2 FULL days to do it though. They had to farm it out to an upholsterer.
Old 10-19-2001, 03:21 PM

I had my rear window replaced at the 5000 mile service. I just asked them to look at it and tell me if the scratching was normal and they decided to replace it. I feel it was actually my fault that it got scratched, since I didn't do much to protect it. Now, with the new window, I put a towel underneath it and in the fold and it has stayed in perfect condition.

My local dealer, Dublin Honda, may not be the best place to buy an S2000 (price jacked up too much), but it is certainly a great place to have it serviced. I'm real happy with how they've taken care of me.

Old 10-19-2001, 04:31 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies. They're very helpful.

I'm still wondering if we can replace with the new glass window coming out in the 2003 model?
Old 10-19-2001, 04:31 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine was replaced after two years. I discussed it being scratched from the outset because everyone was unaware of the precautions and additional padding needed to protect it. The new one will be protected from scratching but may well develop the fold distortion.
Old 10-19-2001, 09:54 PM

This window is 2 years old. I guess lots of people have never had to care for a plastic rear on a convertable before. I had been using BlueMagic Plastic and Plexiglass Cleaner which also removes light scratches, until I found Plexus. If you have already scratched up the rear, try the BlueMagic. Just be careful not to get any on the fabric. Then keep it clean with the Plexus.

As far as the distortion, I found that putting on a piece of static cling tint helps, I guess it keeps the window from squishing down as tight.
Old 10-22-2001, 10:54 AM

I know RHES2K had his rear window replaced under warranty.

Quick Reply: Rear Window Warranty Replacement