S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Remember, your S2000 is just a Honda and this RSX is an Acura

Old 08-11-2003, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they are annoying and everywhere!!
Old 08-11-2003, 02:49 PM

Well, I soon hope to be the exception to the rule of car salesman noted above. When I sold Toyota, I was frequently asked by the general manager to handle any customer he felt was an "enthusiast" or in many cases, was sent over to another desk to close the deal. It is sad to say but there are a great many salespeople who work in the industry who are NOT enthusiasts and can't see past the brochures. They're selling you tid bits of information (or trying to) but aren't selling the CAR. A great car will sell itself but in this particular case, I don't think had I been in your shoes I could have resisted giving him a quick geography lesson about Tochigi, Japan. The look on his face when he realized the S2000 is more or less, a hand-built "Acura," well...that would have made my afternoon complete.
Old 08-11-2003, 02:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What this poor rookie should have known is that where the car is assembled is far more important than the name Honda slaps on it.

The S2000 is built in Japan (as is the NSX), where the production quality is as high as it gets.

Many other Hondas and Acuras are built here in the good old US of A, where even the definition of quality seems to have been forgotten long ago, and production line and worker standards are on a lower plane.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:00 PM

In Utah, all car dealerships are closed, but then again, it is Utah.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:09 PM

Personally a car salesman has never "sold" me on any car I have bought. I always go knowing all about what I am looking at and have researched it extensively and just need to check it out up close and drive it to make my decision. Anything they blabber about while I am looking at the car or driving it is just annoying background noise. I have nothing against car salesman but as many people have stated and experienced, most of them don't know anything more about what they are selling than is in the brochure. I know I have never met one that did anyway.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rick - the RSX is fully built in Japan as well. Mind you, probably not to the tolerences of the S2000.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:58 PM

Originally posted by WRS2K
who cares get over it move on
Old 08-11-2003, 04:04 PM
pll

Originally posted by koala
What kind of car dealership is open on a Sunday? Isn't that against the law?
No. CA dealerships are open 7 days a week. In PA (at least), the dealerships are closed on Sundays. Not sure why. I figure they would get more business on the weekends...
Old 08-11-2003, 04:11 PM

im surprised that he made that comment about it being an Acura...so what? u drive an S2000. i could understand if u drove a Civic and he was trying to show u that its more luxurious, but not the change from a S2K to a RSX-S.

although i am impressed that he knew about the seats being Recaro. most dealers know nothing, hell my dealer didnt even know the OEM body kit existed, yet it was on the Acura.com website when u build the car. dealers are businessmen not enthusiasts. its sad but true.

"Rick - the RSX is fully built in Japan as well"
>>>yea there built in Osaka, Japan. my RSX was shipped from Japan to Oregon then to New York
Old 08-11-2003, 04:22 PM

I JUST FIND IT HILARIOUS WHEN YOU GO INO A DEALERSHIP AND ASK TO LOOK AT A CAR (oops...caps, sorry), and you ask for a specific car. They start telling you all the info on it that you can read in teh brouchure. If you even try to correct them on something or let them know that you actually know some info on teh car, tehy shut you down and act like you dont know crap.

They really should be enthusiasts on teh cars that tehy choose to sell. If I worked for the Toyota dealership, I can totally sell the MR2 and Celicas since I know them inside and out. I have torn apart more of those motors and kow the hp/tq and handeling on them more then any salesperson at our local dealerships. I could probably outsell any salesperson on the lot. That's not how it should be.

IMO a salesperson should know the cars they are selling. BTW you should have told that kid that in Japan, the NSX is actually a Honda NSX and not an Acura. All Acura is is an overpriced name for a Honda

Quick Reply: Remember, your S2000 is just a Honda and this RSX is an Acura