S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Removed Windshield Tape on Yellow... Pics!

Old 02-05-2001, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was probably the easiest way to improve the appearance of a car that I have ever experienced! Wow! The difference is stunning. Every time I look at pictures of our car before tape removal, it looks weird to me now. I'm not sure Honda's thought behind placing the tape there, but I think the car looks much better without it. We used a heat gun and there was no adhesive left over! There was one little scuffed part under the tape, but nothing a little wax won't take care of. I recommend this mod to anyone who likes the look.

Juliann expertly peels of the tape while I aim the heat gun and snap a pic all at the same time!

The new look:

Juliann admires The Mistress' new appearence... she's up on jack stands waiting for the Penske shocks to arrive:
Old 02-05-2001, 09:03 AM
Community Organizer

Received 91 Likes on 76 Posts

Yellow and red look good with the tape off. Other colors I think need the tape!(well black dosent obviously)

I have a silver and seen pictures with it off and just dosent look right. Yellow does look damb nice with the tape off.

Though as with another person you found some marks under the paint. The other person needed to get it re-painted because of them though.
Old 02-05-2001, 09:26 AM
Banned

Another reason black is the best color - no stinking tape to deal with.

Also, I like the color-coordinated jack stands.
Old 02-05-2001, 09:36 AM
wea

Looks great! This will definitely look better if you choose to install a yellow hardtop. I'm considering a hardtop and I'm tied between black or yellow. I think with the black tape removed the yellow is a no brainier.
Old 02-05-2001, 09:48 AM

Nice ! I really like the yellow without the tape, looks great IMO. I'm not sure I should do the same with my silver though....
Old 02-05-2001, 09:58 AM

They put the black tape there to tie the black top color to the windshield. I agree that the car looks best with it removed when the top is down, but when you put it up it doesn't.
Old 02-05-2001, 10:02 AM

Before seeing it I would have to agree, and I can't speak for other colors, but the yellow even looks great with the top up! I was just out there looking at it this morning, and remember being shocked that it didn't look crappy with the tape removed and top up. I'll snap some pics with the top up and post them.
Old 02-05-2001, 10:03 AM

As if I didn't like the yellow enuf already... but with that tape gone she is truly fabulous! And the black top on the yellow car used to really bug me, now that the tape is gone it's a 100% improvement. Still want yellow hard top tho... drool.

Funny stuff that black tape is though... you don't want it too hot or else it just kinda breaks off in your hands. Warm is good- and then it just peels off. Ya gotta be sure you are getting all of it from under the windscreen gaskets. That's the tricky bit. The tape really isn't plastic, more of a Latex thing. So handle with care
Old 02-05-2001, 10:04 AM

That's bootiful!
Where are the wheels?
Old 02-05-2001, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL!

is it required you put the s2k on jack stands to remove the tape?

Quick Reply: Removed Windshield Tape on Yellow... Pics!