S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000... still classy

Old 08-18-2011, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000... still classy

I had an experience today that I just had to share with everyone. So I am just starting my auto class at college and today we were learning how to operate the lift (really awesome btw). The teacher asks if any of us would like to get our cars to throw up on the lift to use as examples and immediately a couple guys volunteered to grab theirs. Now I am not the kind of guy who tries to show everyone how bad ass I am so I decided to just let the others bring in their cars. A couple minutes later a slammed Altima with chromed 22's rolls up. I can tell this guy thinks he is a true gangster and keeps talking up his car about how cool it is and all the work he has done. We get it up and find that his exhaust is snapped and he has a major oil leak, hahaha. Next we have a guy pull his 07 WRX up and he just keeps talking about how bad ass his car is the whole time we have it on the lift. Lastly we have a guy in his early 90's civic that is the classic ricer, loud fart can/huge wing. This guy cant stop talking about his car...so we get done with the three others and the teacher sees we have a lot of time left so he asks if anyone else is parked close that we could check out. I was parked as close as possible so I offered. I run and grab the S and pull it up to the shop. I get out and don't even say a word and I start getting barraged with a million questions. We lift the S and spend the next hour going over its under side. All my teacher can say is "notice this, you can tell this was build right". I didn't have to talk up my car it did the talking for itself. By the time class was over and I pulled the car out of the shop half the class wanted to buy a S2000 or go for a spin in mine. It kinda proved again to me that even though the S2000 is over 10 years old now, its still classy.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:32 PM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 08-18-2011, 05:52 PM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

You must have felt like a million bucks !

Good to hear. Thanks for posting
Old 08-18-2011, 07:00 PM

Nice story.

So what specifically was the instructor looking at when he said "notice this, you can tell this was build right"? Just the motor?
Old 08-18-2011, 09:14 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Long Live the S2000. I got a phone call today for a dealer STILL asking if I was in the market for an S2000. He told me that a new one is coming out in 2014 or 15. I'm hanging on to my AP1 for as long as I can.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:07 PM
xoz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AZS2KDancer
Long Live the S2000. I got a phone call today for a dealer STILL asking if I was in the market for an S2000. He told me that a new one is coming out in 2014 or 15. I'm hanging on to my AP1 for as long as I can.
^ this... what da ? finally an indication of an updated model?
Old 08-19-2011, 04:35 AM

Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

Honda is not a big player in the Oz car market. There are only dealers in the big cities, & major country centers.

So it was not that surprising when I was filling up with fuel in a town about 85 miles from the city, that a guy who had never seen an S2k should come up & ask about the car.

It's a 2001, but with less than 18,000 miles on it, in mint condition. He wasted to know if it was a new model as he didn't know Honda had ever built anything like it. He kept asking if it was really a 2001, not a 2011 model.

He was so enthusiastic it mad me realise yet again how great they are.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice story!! Curious to hear more about what the instructor said about the car.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:48 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by xoz
Originally Posted by AZS2KDancer' timestamp='1313730872' post='20892903
^ this... what da ? finally an indication of an updated model?

I'm sure the dealer/salesman has ALL the inside info
Old 08-19-2011, 07:24 AM

well the teacher basically used my car to compare to all the rest that we had looked at and would say "this is how it should be done". He really was impressed by the girth of rear sway bar and the fact that our rear diff is finned to act as a better heat sync. Then he was really surprised that we have a drive shaft catch strap. He was really confused on our exhaust cause it has the extra pipe off to the side and I explained to him that it is there to provide better resonance, he goes " oh thats why this doesnt sound tinny like the others"...there was a bunch of other things as we did go over the car head to toe but thats stands out in my memory. it was a really cool experience to be able to really go over my car and now know that it is as awesome as I think it is.

Quick Reply: S2000... still classy