S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 thefts?

Old 08-16-2002, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by drjekyll2000
[B]The s2000 key contains a microchip and the car WILL NOT RUN without it (even with a copied key).
Old 08-16-2002, 02:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, a few S's have been stolen. only a FEW so far. the immobilizer in the key/ecu helps for the most part and only allows the theif to clean out your interior - including seats.

if you get an alarm, make sure its a tip top installer, and then make sure it works and don't get jerked around like I have. (man, do I hate custom sounds)
Old 08-16-2002, 03:16 PM

s2k have a key details plz?? i about to purchase one and i was thinkin about the whole one button turn on system they have. wouldnt it be extremely e z to steal?? i need some one to break it down to me plz.
Old 08-16-2002, 03:24 PM

A lot of s2k's have their seats, rims, antenna stolen. If you goto parts trader you'll a lot of this stuff for sale.
Old 08-16-2002, 03:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yup, I've had my interior stripped - seats, voodoo ti knob (I'm on my second one) and lots of personal items.
Old 08-16-2002, 05:09 PM

TurboVtk, the immobilizer doesn't make it impossible... just difficult to steal. Most thieves are too lazy to rip out the CPU and short out the board.

As far as the seats go... yes they are nice seats... anyone wanna bet that they drop right into a civic just like the ITR engine?

I Wonder if putting a hard top on would make it any safer?

-Spoon
Old 08-16-2002, 08:24 PM

I got a little paranoid the other day. I had a guy in a civic get out in the middle of the road in the boonies trying to get me to stop to check out my car. A little voice in the back of my head told me to v-tec it. Sometimes these cars get too much attention
Old 08-16-2002, 08:35 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Seks
[B]Not to be a jerk or anything but...

Why is it that some s2000 owners don't bother getting car alarms?
Old 08-16-2002, 09:24 PM

Originally posted by darnold

There are so many false alarms blasting these days who notices them anymore?
Well first of all, you may notice it.

For all the owners who are claiming everyone ignores alarms. Well that is partially true. However, it is still a deterrent, and a quality alarm has an ignition kill. If you are really worried, you can ad a paging system to the alarm.

A good alarm installed properly and tuned properly, will not give false alarms. I've never had a false. When I get a chirp indicating the alarm has been set off, I know someone was messing with my car. The only chirps I've ever received, is no surprise, when I've parked in downtown Seattle in the evening.

It's just like a club, everyone knows how to defeat it, but a dumb amateur thief (which is a majority of them) will leave it alone and move on to an easier target.

My friend didn't believe in an alarm and got the window liner of his NSX scratched to hell and the glass damanged from a thief. Criminals are a cowardly lot. What the alarm does help is late at night, because if an alarm is wailing at 2 or 3 a.m. in the morning, a stupid crook isn't going to keep trying to mess with the car while angry people are waking up to see what car alarm has been set off.

A decent alarm and custom install costs under $1000. Some insurance companies give discounts for an alarm as well. Personally the little extra security gives me a little more peace.
Old 08-17-2002, 02:39 PM

quick funny true story....the other days i was driving aroung and i notice this second generation integra swerving in and out of traffic and finally catches up to me on a light...im thinking he want to race (not that i was gonna anyways) i look over and i see him with a big smile on his face. Well he puts down his window and says hey nice car...i reply thanks...than he leans over to his passenger side (note hes on my left) and pulls up his seat and guess what it was...yupp a black s2000 seat. Well the light changed and he continued to drive like a maniac...while i wrote down his plates and a brief description of him and his car. Why you might ask yourself.... simple if my seats are missing one of these days i know where would be the first place to look.

As experience has tought me before most of the times a thieve does not choose ur car at random...they know who and what theyr going for.

Quick Reply: S2000 thefts?