S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 VS. 350Z

Old 01-07-2005, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 VS. 350Z

Hi,
A number of people tell me the 350Z will easily waste the S2000 in a race. I, however, do not agree. I think the S2000 outdoes the Z in handling, braking, and top-end speed. Would appreciate any specs you guys could provide me with to either support my claims.
Thanks in advance,
zking786
Old 01-08-2005, 12:02 AM

i wonder i didnt see this thread for awhile it is about time i thought and im so damn right

sorry for being mean Zking786 considering it is ur first day here and i understand but SEARCH is ur friend
Old 01-08-2005, 12:44 AM

drivers race
Old 01-08-2005, 12:44 AM

i never lose to a stock Z
Old 01-08-2005, 03:39 AM

I own both

S is better on twisties, Z has far more torque and pulls much better than that S at highspeeds (ie 100mph+)

Although they are simialar on paper, they feel very differnet to drive. I consider my self lucky to be able to have the choice

In a race, the driver will decide who wins IMHO.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:24 AM

s2k is teh win
Old 01-08-2005, 07:27 AM
osc

[QUOTE=iwant2byS2k,Jan 8 2005, 01:02 AM]
Old 01-08-2005, 09:24 AM

s2000 sucks don't buy it
Old 01-08-2005, 09:30 AM

I had the chance to drive a 350Z extensively at around March last yr, so my memory is a little bit hazy. However I did get to drive it around a few bit, for a period of 4 months.

As everybody says, its purely a drivers race...with the edge to the 350Z at insane speeds (specs I've seen show the 350Z to have a slightly stronger top-end, possibly due to its torque advantage, and the s2k's poor aerodynamics). Its much easier to get off the line, not to mention it has more power under the curve. Anybody who tells you the 350Z will waste an S2K is an ignorant fanboi.

Under hard braking I feel that the S2K fares better, with the 350Z's brakes fading eventually under very spirited driving (despite the brembos). The S2K is obviously more nimble, and I personally feel that it handles better. The 350Z's low end torque helps it to get out of low speed corners better however, and it does have a lot of grip due to its larger tyres - although its behaviour is that it feels like its stumbling through a corner, as opposed to the S2K's razor sharp 'point and shoot' characteristics.

As for daily driving, I prefer my S...both suspensions are fairly compliant, if a little stiff...the Zed can be a real bitch to park in tight places. One thing I like about the 350Z is that even if you're caught out of gear it still has respectable acceleration, whereas the S2K is snooze city until you hit VTEC.

In any case, test drive both and see what suits you. I did, and I chose the S2K for my own reasons, having been a big fan ever since its release...the 350Z put up a decent fight however, and nearly swung my 'vote' the other way at times.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by NeO SAMuRAI,Jan 8 2005, 10:30 AM
I had the chance to drive a 350Z extensively at around March last yr, so my memory is a little bit hazy. However I did get to drive it around a few bit, for a period of 4 months.

As everybody says, its purely a drivers race...with the edge to the 350Z at insane speeds (specs I've seen show the 350Z to have a slightly stronger top-end, possibly due to its torque advantage, and the s2k's poor aerodynamics). Its much easier to get off the line, not to mention it has more power under the curve. Anybody who tells you the 350Z will waste an S2K is an ignorant fanboi.

Under hard braking I feel that the S2K fares better, with the 350Z's brakes fading eventually under very spirited driving (despite the brembos). The S2K is obviously more nimble, and I personally feel that it handles better. The 350Z's low end torque helps it to get out of low speed corners better however, and it does have a lot of grip due to its larger tyres - although its behaviour is that it feels like its stumbling through a corner, as opposed to the S2K's razor sharp 'point and shoot' characteristics.

As for daily driving, I prefer my S...both suspensions are fairly compliant, if a little stiff...the Zed can be a real bitch to park in tight places. One thing I like about the 350Z is that even if you're caught out of gear it still has respectable acceleration, whereas the S2K is snooze city until you hit VTEC.

In any case, test drive both and see what suits you. I did, and I chose the S2K for my own reasons, having been a big fan ever since its release...the 350Z put up a decent fight however, and nearly swung my 'vote' the other way at times.
Very well said and with that I would like to add! These are two cars that have different setups, where one does not please the other takes its place. Like NeO SAMuRAI, I myself had some time behind the wheel of the 350Z, and I wasn't disappointed with its ability. The S although is a very strong contender and any 350Z owner who states they easily waste stock S2000's is either modded or ! Fact is, this is a pure drivers race, with the slight upper hand going to the 350Z due to more HP and TQ. Plus its also an easier vehicle to drive due to these characteristics. If you plan on conducting a search on this you will find more then enough posts and videos that can further confirm our thoughts and opinions! Good luck with your decision.

Quick Reply: S2000 VS. 350Z