S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 what is it good for? absolutly something...

Old 09-22-2005, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow S2000 what is it good for? absolutly something...

Hey i bought this car because it is a N/A four banger that will do low 14 second runs and high 13 second runs 1/4 mile wise, but i have heard around the forum that our cars are not for drag racing. Well what are they good for? Ive heard autocrossing, drifting, showing off....Well i am just wondering because most of my freinds that i have... even if they had a car that would be able to keep up with mine they would not want to compete autocross wise. All people think about a car is stoplight street racing and if you cant do that then the car is not "good". Now i used to have a automatic 98 corvette i knew that my car was not made for autocross, well because its automatic.. who races an automatic at autocross? Its suspension was well worked off course, but the S feels more dominating. Does anyone who know where you can actually go to a real autocross comp here in orlando, florida?
Old 09-22-2005, 08:39 AM

The S is good for daily driver and PLEASURE cruising. You should have told the dealer u want a car to drag race from stoplight to stoplight and autocross then maybe he wound't have sell this car to u.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:46 AM

I bought the car because it absolutely dominates in the FUN TO DRIVE department. If I wanted a faster car, I would've bought one. If I wanted more seats, I would've bought them. If I wanted a roof, I would've bought one.

There are plenty of wonderful automobiles out there, but in terms of what I was looking for (fun to drive) the S2000 trumps all for me. Your results may vary
Old 09-22-2005, 08:47 AM

Welcome to the family and please note: this is not a car for drag racing. Sure it is fairly quick, but it is much more of an all-around performer as opposed to a 1/4 miler. That said, it makes a phenomenal canyon carver and has enough powerband and suspension straight out of the box to make mincemeat out of far more expensive automobiles on a twisty road. Good fun there. Don't go cheap when it comes to maintenance or replacing tires.
For AutoX, try going to the SCCA website - here's a link to the region selector which should get you started:

http://www.scca.org/Inside/Index.asp?IdS=0...egionalSites&~=
Old 09-22-2005, 08:52 AM
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

I don't believe the S2000 was intended to dominate anything.

What it accomplishes for owners/drivers an automotive hard-on. I have waited a long time to own a car that does that, and the S2000 causes an ear-to-ear grin with each push of the start button.

If you want to know where it is competitive, its AutoX. The SCCA Solo Nationals were here in Topeka last week, and in one class there were 17 of them. All stock. All kicking some serious ass.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:55 AM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

S2000 is at home WOT on a twisty road or track, boiling the oil at 6-9 thousand RPM.

350z is for going fast in a straight line.

Sure the S2000 is quick to 60 but to do that, you have to dump the clutch at some crazy RPMs.... not something you really want to do.

If all you wanted to do was go like stink from one light to another, you may have purchased the wrong car. This car as made for cornering... every aspect of it was designed for such. Unfortunatly people in the US don't do much of that (twisties), they go fast in one direction and then ... well, thats it.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:00 AM

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by REVHIR,Sep 22 2005, 10:34 AM
Well i am just wondering because most of my freinds that i have... even if they had a car that would be able to keep up with mine they would not want to compete autocross wise.
get new friend j/k

Autocross, at least to me, is so much more fun than putting your foot down for 14 seconds.

Check out your local SCCA as well as some local area car clubs that run autocrosses. Also check out NASA (http://www.nasaproracing.com/) for track events as well as other independent clubs/companies that offer track time.

There is also a Racing and competition section of this forum...they don't really talk about drag in there.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by i_heart_my_DB8,Sep 22 2005, 12:46 PM
I bought the car because it absolutely dominates in the FUN TO DRIVE department. If I wanted a faster car, I would've bought one. If I wanted more seats, I would've bought them. If I wanted a roof, I would've bought one.

There are plenty of wonderful automobiles out there, but in terms of what I was looking for (fun to drive) the S2000 trumps all for me. Your results may vary

Perfect Explanation
Old 09-22-2005, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Received 175 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by converted,Sep 22 2005, 12:02 PM

Perfect Explanation
Old 09-22-2005, 09:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by REVHIR,Sep 22 2005, 11:34 AM
Does anyone who know where you can actually go to a real autocross comp here in orlando, florida?
http://www.cfrsolo2.com/ for all central florida SCCA autocross info.

If you feel like coming to tampa/st pete, you can check out Sunriders Miata Club Autocross events at http://www.sunridersautocross.com/.

Quick Reply: S2000 what is it good for? absolutly something...