S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000R explanation

Old 08-09-2002, 02:14 PM
Sev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gernby
[B]

We all know that it was not true, anyway, but if you read the article, you would see that there there was not going to be a sacrifice for handling or balance.
Old 08-09-2002, 02:15 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Great hoax! I got much amusement out of that one
Old 08-10-2002, 08:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it the ZO6 that gets better gas mileage than the S2000? I don't know; plus it is way faster.
Old 08-10-2002, 11:43 AM

Sheister,

A couple things!

1. I don't own an S2000, if your last comment was directed toward me. Wish I did, but I don't.

2. Maybe I was confusing in my post. I wasn't even really touching on vehicle emissions. I think it's absolutely grand, what the auto industry has done with LEV. Honda has a stellar record for being non-pollutive. That's not my argument...

To me it seems that honda606 and some others were commenting on pollution in the broad sense, on environmental damage, period. To comments saying "there's nothing wrong," I say, "Open your eyes."

You don't need political arguments, or arguments saying politics are the problem, to see that we DO have some very serious misconceptions about how to treat the planet, and what's acceptable and what isn't.

I've seen things myself.... You hear about it on the radio... You see it on TV... You see it wherever you go, if you actually look for it. Now, I'm not saying that die-hard environmentalists don't get out of hand.

They do. Just like any extremist. Restraint is a beautiful thing.

No we're not going to lose the Earth in 10 years because we've killed every species of tree, and all the oxygen will be gone. I don't think any such thing will happen. I do, however, think it COULD. But we're smarter than we used to be.

-S2-
Old 08-10-2002, 04:03 PM

Siper2,

No, my last comment was not directed towards you specifically. It was directed towards anyone that has it in their head that the car they are driving puts out an acceptable level of pollution, but people who drive SUV's are damaging the planet. Since most people here drive S2000's (not me yet either), that car seemed appropriate.

I agree that we need to treat the environment in a manner that will preserve it for countless generations to come. Properly disposing of auto or other waste is the right thing to do. We just have to use common sense and not do things that have an adverse effect on our health or nature.

Unfortunately, the environmental movement is not dominated by people that simply want to prevent damage to nature. It is dominated by big government liberals that simply want to expand government for their own aquisition of power. They use guilt and fear as their primary tools. Their usual argument is that something we are doing could possibly cause some sort of catastrophic problem in the future and we are bad people for living the way we do because it will lead to a dirty unhealthy planet. Their request for more money and their demands for how you should live usually follow. They think nothing of stretching the truth and drawing conclusions from data that is flimsy at best. Anyone that questions what they have to say is for polluting and killing the planet. I think that environmentalism is just the vehicle that these people have chosen to use. If it was not environmentalism, it would be something else. Their solution of spending your earnings and telling you how to live is always in search of a problem. Environmentalism is unfortunately the problem that they have chosen to justify their solution. So politics has come to dominate something that common sense should.
Old 08-12-2002, 04:15 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Amen Sheister.
Old 08-31-2002, 09:16 AM

Finally...a voice of reason on this board. Our environment will be just fine for many many generations to come. John Stossel of 20/20 did a "Give me a Break" episode on the BS these Greenpeace type organizations blurt out. He set the record straight, that is the warming of the earth is natural. We actually owe more of our "greenhouse effect" to cows farting in pastures than we do with vehicle emissions. JOhn pretty much took it to the "Greenies" and called them out for their scare tactics. In the end it was reported that our environment is running its normal course. We don't have much of an input in its progression, unless of course, we do something stupid like enagage nuclear bombs.
Old 09-02-2002, 07:31 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by outoforder
[B]Some of the web stats are interesting:

- 184 hits from Ford motor company.
Old 09-02-2002, 10:36 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Check it out guys,

My bro went to a Honda Dealership in Jersey City and as soon as he pulled in with the s2000 a sales guy came up to him and pulled out the S2000R article saying that he got it from American honda Corporate.

Wierd huh?
Bobby
Old 09-02-2002, 01:37 PM

i'm impressed. that's brilliant....

Quick Reply: S2000R explanation