S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2K is a panty dropper/chick magnet

Old 11-30-2000, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, neither does my girlfriend. Funny how women feel about that kind of thing, eh?
Old 11-30-2000, 05:17 PM

Haha you guys crack me up. Where do you stay? Maybe I can move over there.

I just went to Toronto a week ago for thanksgiving and was surprised at the number of nice looking ladies I saw there too. Not the usual kind of caucasian woman I see here.(No offense to ladies that stay in the States which I think are beautiful in a different manner.)

Haha Greg, whether I am ugly or not is hard to say. But if I am that ugly, I would definitely need a car with more sex appeal to cover that up and unfortunately the S2000 is just not to par with the other cars I have driven in this area. Of course I have never picked up girls on the street but judging from the looks I get from driving different cars, I know which cars just exude sex appeal.

Or maybe the girls in different regions just have different tastes?
Old 11-30-2000, 05:20 PM

After posting and then rereading the threads, I need to move!!!! You guys have all the luck.
Old 11-30-2000, 06:45 PM

Originally posted by nwk00:
After posting and then rereading the threads, I need to move!!!! You guys have all the luck.
Well, Austin rocks. It's a dangerous town. Particularly 4th street on a friday night. Or, so I've heard.

Home to one of the largest universities in the country and second most active venture capital community can't hurt the talent pool either.
Old 11-30-2000, 07:05 PM
Former Moderator

Umm, my take is it's not the car that attracts the babes. It's the allure of money. Then again I'm a little bitter right now
Old 11-30-2000, 07:09 PM

The Lotus Esprit is not a chick magnet either but I tell you, guys would turn around on the highway and chase you down. People on the other side of the highway/street would turn their head and drop their jaws. I never noticed any of these, but my friends driving behind me as well as my passengers/girls do notice it everytime I go out with them.

=================================
First of all I must say that I wasnt a huge fan of the s2k until I got to ride in a co-workers. That ride earned a bit more respect. Yes, there are lots of tricks you can do to Honda's these days, but nothing beats the sex appeal of a Lotus Esprit. You may have the interest of those who love anything convertable. Women either love em or hate em. I, on the otherhand attract those who love exotic cars. It's nice to know that my 11 year old Esprit can still keep up to modern engineering as well as hold it's appeal.

I can respect your enthusiasm with your car. I too enjoy my vehicle. Whatever tickles your fancy.
------ Happy Motoring ----------
-R3
Pearl 89 1/2 Lotus Esprit Turbo SE
Old 11-30-2000, 07:49 PM

I just got the funniest compliment on the car tonight going through a McDonald's drive-thru. The young girl working the drive-thru window said, "Cool car! It's hecka tight!" If I didn't have a teenage nephew, I would never have known what that meant. Boy, do I fee old and I'm only 32.

Ok now I am getting misunderstood by all sides.

Let me re-explain. When I say sex appeal, I mean to the opposite sex not to just guys alone. When I see my car(whether it's the Lotus, S2000 or sniff, totaled Boxster), I think they all have sex appeal. But the Boxster appeals to the female crowd more than the others. I would go further to say that it is a more "chick" car than the S2000 or the Lotus, that is why girls would gush over it.

When I see the S2000 and Esprit, I think they are really fine looking vehicles, sexy under different conditions and depending on my mood. I imagine myself driving with a blonde on Sundays to the country club, a midnight drive or to some fun places. To me that is sexy. I am sure when guys look at these two cars, they think of the performance, love the looks of the cars and imagine whatever is sexy about them. To us(guys) it is sexy, that is why we love them. But the fact that no(or very little) girls ever look at my direction(come on, they have to look at me first to see whether I am ugly right? )when I drive these two cars say something about the sex appeal to the opposite sex. And they fact that I drive the cars in the same region shows that I am using the same "control" group in a scientific sense.

I am sure if I am to drive an Audi TT(which I think looks nice too but won't buy), most girls would look in my direction. It screams "Sexy! Sexy!" to them.

So it is just a matter of sex appeal to the different gender and that in my region, most girls do not find the Lotus or S2000 sexy. That, is what I am trying to say. And I love all three cars.

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

The Lotus Esprit... Another hot four-cylinder.
Old 11-30-2000, 07:53 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mindcore:
[B]Umm, my take is it's not the car that attracts the babes. It's the allure of money. Then again I'm a little bitter right now

Quick Reply: S2K is a panty dropper/chick magnet