S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2KI License Plate holder

Old 07-23-2006, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2KI License Plate holder

Just wondering, I've spoken to various S2000 owners and some enthusiasts (driving other cars, but hoping for future purchase) these past two weeks, and NOT ONE had a clue to this site. I found it with an MSN search...but it was interesting to see that despite having mods and lovin' their cars, this source of valuable info had not been used. I really enjoy this site and its resources and know others would too.

What if we had (maybe) a license plate holder with the logo and it would be like free advertising, and assure the site would remain interactive with new mwmbers.
Also, its visible, its not a sticker (don't like 'em), and could spread the word. Its just an idea while sitting here in an empty ER waiting for the night shift to get here...

Erick
Old 07-23-2006, 07:43 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You mean like this:

Old 07-23-2006, 08:02 PM

Where do you get an S2ki frame?
Old 07-23-2006, 08:14 PM

The site owner, cthree, made a run of these some years ago and sold them via the marketplace. He also, for a short time, gave one away with each Gold Membership. When he ran out, he never did another run. I bought about 20 of them but they have all been distributed to local guys. You can always appeal to him to do another run. He had a reason for not doing the last time people asked. I just can't remember what that reason was.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:17 PM

XVIPER==MVP!!

Your are on top of everything...I mean EXACTLY like that. Looks clean, is functional, and gets the message out. I have to ask how you got it...

edit: just read the above post...
Old 07-23-2006, 08:20 PM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

sorry for the bad pic;dark garage.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:28 PM

I think there is a tremendous amount of interest in these and another run would sell. I remember now what the problem was. It had to do with the "S2000" logo. Honda objected to it being used in a commercial application (trademark infringement or something) and sent a warning letter to cthree to have all such references removed. This site used to be called "S2000 International". As you can see, it's now called "S2K International". Any new plate holders would have to have this instead.
I guess those few hundred of us around the world who have these, have fairly exclusive collector's items. I don't recall how many were actually "minted".
Old 07-23-2006, 08:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xviper,Jul 23 2006, 09:43 PM
You mean like this:

I believe the reason cthree stop with these is the same reason Rick's stopped making the S emblem with "2000" underneath the S (also shown in picture). Honda has "S2000" trademarked and they tend to want to protect it.

I have personaly been trying to hunt one down myself for a while now but to no avail. I think it would be really slick if we could some how have custom plateholders made with the "www.s2ki.com" on the top and then our handel like "rizzo" on the bottom. Would be tricky to pull off mass production wise but everyone would probly want one.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, xviper beat me to it.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:01 AM

Good morning..I love days off. With all the different trades and occupations that reside on this forum, someone has to have a contact to fabricate these. I am sure cthree has other things to do, but I am going to PM him. Just as a courtesy since it is his site and logo. I personally want at least 10, to hand out to friends and have as collectors items (seeing they can become "collectors items")

So far...it appears as if ALL the plateholders reside in Canada...Hhhmm, what a coincedence....................................... ...

Erick

Quick Reply: S2KI License Plate holder