S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2ki Posting Etiquette, Topic Titles & Signatures

Old 02-29-2008, 08:41 AM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts
Thumbs down S2ki Posting Etiquette, Topic Titles & Signatures

Posting etiquette:

Keep posts civil, discuss topics without personal attacks, and stay on topic. Inflammatory posts, posts with vulgar language, and posts that are off-topic or derogatory will be removed or edited.

On Topic Titles, From S2000GT:
Please put a DESCRIPTIVE title in the subject line

Posting a topic with the title "HELP" or "QUESTION" or "HOW MUCH?"
serves absolutely no purpose on this forum

People in general do not read EVERY thread that is posted - thread reading is a selective process and many people dont have the time to click on your thread only to find out it is something they have no interest in or cannot help you in any way

Imagine you were selling your thread to the public like an item on ebay....would you call the auction "something for sale????"

You will increase your exposure and chances of getting your questions answered if you are a little more precise in your posting - it really doesnt take a lot of effort.

The mods of this forum would rather spend more time organizing threads and keeping the trolls out than editing peoples topic titles because they are too lazy to post correctly in the beginning.

Please dont be surprised when you see your thread closed if you dont follow these simple guidelines

Original Topic Title thread - https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=352908
Old 02-29-2008, 08:42 AM

Signatures are now clipped on posts at 200px tall by 640 pixels wide for all those using the following browsers:

IE7
FF 2
Safari 3.1

(That is about the equivalent of 8-9 lines of text in normal font size)

Full version of the sig is available on the user's profile.

From Poindexter:

For the most part, signature sizes have not been a publicly addressed issue. If someone were to ask me where to look to see what the required signature size is, I wouldn't know what to tell that person. As moderators, we are told to privately ask individuals to down-size their signatures if the entire signature takes up more space than 600 pixels wide by 90 pixels tall - not including assigned badges, but including any text or URL's you have in it. An example of this size is my main signature graphic:

Normally, I would continue to ask individuals privately, but there has been a rash of gigantic signatures lately. One was so large I had to scroll through it with my 22" monitor at 1680 x 1050 resolution. When your signature gets too large, it makes it difficult to scroll through a thread. If everybody had a large signature, any thread would be mostly signature with what would seem like very little thread content.

This hasn't just been new members or guests, I've seen 6 year+ members and Platinum members doing this as well.

Also keep in mind that what you think is cool, might not be to someone else. Some of these animated gifs are borderline ridiculous, and a blurry photo of your S2000 at 800 x 600 pixels (in your signature) only looks good to you - it ticks everyone else off.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT: Maybe I haven't been clear enough.

Maximum signature height is 90 pixels tall, and the maximum signature width is 600 pixels wide. This includes absolutely everything in your signature except the assigned community badges.

Example (I apologize to the two individuals being used in this example, but they posted right next to each other):

Shoof's signature is too tall by 180 pixels, and Sabre's signature is too wide by 323 pixels. Sabre's signature is also a tad too tall because of the text over his S2000 picture.

You can also see how much real estate large signatures take up. I'm using a 22" widescreen monitor at 1650 x 1050 resolution and those two signatures take up over half of what I see. Imagine someone using a smaller resolution

Original Thread - https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=490097
Old 02-29-2008, 08:43 AM

The rest of the SITE FAQ - https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=269965