S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2Ks & Dogs

Old 05-04-2007, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2Ks & Dogs

Hello all. Brand spanking new to the S2K community. Been around and underground this forum for a while. Love & enjoy all posts, especially the duke em outs that sometimes happen within a topic and forums.. je je je..

Anyways back to topic. Have a dilema. Going to purchase my S2K MY07 tomorrow, trading in my 03 Civic Hybrid, great car by the way! Nonetheless, had enough of contributing to the Global Warming Issue , thus the trade in! Anywho.. I have a wonderful Catahoula Leopard Dog, wich will be my co-pilot for many of my trips... Do any of you let your pooch...ride with ya? If you do.. What do you do to your S2K so that it stays in one piece...?

Ideas or suggestions are welcome...

Thanks.. and glad to be part of this great S2K community.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:07 PM

Not even taking into account that:

-you are taking a risk with your leather seats
-dog hair gets easily matted into the carpet and is a PITA to remove
-there's gonna be more dust flying around in the car because of mans best friend

Personally, I would NOT take a dog in our car just for the dogs sake! I mean, lets face it, it's a tiny car, and dogs arent the best about sitting in one place (some dogs are). Even then, they are cramped, and theres not enough room on the seat for all four paws ... I could go on.

If you HAVE to take your dog, I recommend at minimum you put some pretty thick towels and blankets on the passengers side.

Haha it would be pretty funny to see golden retriever in the passengers seat of an S with the top down though!

EDIT: I r bad at engrish.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:21 PM

Thank you GPW. I appreciate your response. My dog is everything to me, I take her to the sitter every morning before work. Sh*t man! Reality is a PITA...! Thank you for the suggestions, I was thinking of purchasing a seat cover so anyone out there that can suggest a seat cover let me know! I am going to get my S tomorrow, Im excited, livid, and terrorized becuase of my damn dog!! Could not live with myself if the S gets damaged.

Thanks again GPW.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:32 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I take mine for rides all the time I put towls down on the seat and consol.
Read my sig
Old 05-04-2007, 06:42 PM

Thank you for your reply S2KPuddy. Now that's what Im talking about!! Je, je je....very nice family member, looks like he/she is really enjoying the mods! I have a feeling Im going to be uploading a diary pretty soon of me and Cindee (A Catahoula Leopard Dog - I addopted after Katrina from Louisiana) and our adventures, even for next years Wake the Dragon Baby!!. She is a bit bigger than your Puddys thus, I am very worried, she goes with me everywhere. She will love the convertible top! I even allready purchased her Doggles (very cool sunglasses). Thanks for sharing your pics.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:57 PM

I have a 75 lb Norwegian Elkhound that I take with me in my S2. He loves it, especially with the top down. And talk about a babe magnet - the car and dog combination is unbeatable :-)
I picked up a bucket seat cover at Pet Smart that is water and mud proof and washable. It works very well. You also need a good vacuum cleaner. The new Dyson hand held is great.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:58 PM

Just simply put a towel in your seat and your problems are solved.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:59 PM

We go for very short rides, mainly with the top up though. She sheds a ton though, so I usually refrain taking her in this car.

English Bulldog - approx 2 years old

Old 05-04-2007, 07:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just toss the dog in the trunk. Try to remember to let him out later, though.

(The only time I actually had a dog in my S2000, he was accompanying my passenger. The dog lay at her feet, in the passenger footwell. It was a fairly small dog, a Corgi.)
Old 05-04-2007, 07:05 PM

Hello Svatne... I love it..!! I love this forum.... I was really beating myself up due to my dilema between my faithfull companion and my acquisition of an S 2morrow. Thank you for all your great replys and positive feedback. I really like the "babe magnet" factor you are absolutely right!

I guess hopefuly we can do a meet of all the S2K members with co-pilots such as ours ha? Has that ever been done before here? je je je...

75 lb Elkhound... wow!... Puddys... wow!.... 72 Lb Catahoula...wow..!!..keep em coming...I thought I was going to be one of the few with this dilema...

S2K - $??,0000 (Money well spent)
S2K - Wash & Wax & Interior detailing...$100.00 +
S2K & your Dog riding with the top down in a mid day afternoon, hair everywhere, drool, constant re-direction to stay seated, & babes, babes, babes...... $Priceless baby...

Edit: English Bulldog!! Awsome pics man....!! Thank you everyone for sharing your companions with me and sharing and easing my pain... I feel great, and my Cindee is going to be as addicted as me in getting in the S!!

S2K members and Dogs.. REPRESENTING BABY!!

Quick Reply: S2Ks & Dogs