S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

:( sad sad day

Old 12-22-2008, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a lot of people on the road who are driving under the influence of tacos, especially during the holiday season. We can all learn from this experience. Please people, if you're going to taco, call a cab or use a "designated driver".
Old 12-22-2008, 08:16 AM

Man you had an appetite after that??!!
Old 12-22-2008, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by sprix!,Dec 21 2008, 06:18 AM
That is a tough situation. I used to try to do stuff like that for other drivers, as far as letting them know when it was clear to pull out. I don't really do it unless it is absolutely clear that the person is wanting to pull into my lane only. Otherwise, it gets kinda sticky and unclear.
I used to that too, but not anymore because of liability reasons. Now when I want somebody to go ahead, I just come to a stop, and look at them in the eyes and maybe smile

Definitely no more waving or flashing.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually had a similar incident, luckily it wasn't with my S. I was turning left to cross the 2 lane traffic going south so I can go north and this bus waved me to go. Unfortunately, the further lane going south had another car coming and that is when I got smacked doing a 720 spin. Next thing I know, I was facing south on the lanes that were going north.

As pissed as I was at the bus driver, it was totally my fault. Even by law, it is my fault which is fully understood in my part. I was young and stupid during that period so I didn't know any better listening to other drivers. Well, lesson learned. Anyways, good luck with the repairs or getting into a new S.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:06 PM

Sucks to hear man, this clearly wouldn't have happened though if you would have properly invested your money in "Taco Bell" tacos, truly your biggest mistake.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:50 PM

Glad you aren't hurt, brother.They'll fix your roadster lile new or get a new one!
Old 12-22-2008, 11:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Na fucck that dude, people are supposed to have their vehicles under control at all times... ive been that dodge pickup a few times yet I have failed to hit the other car.. brakes, steering wheel, Lside Rside and rearview mirrors, oh and paying attention to your surroundings are all great ways to keep you from smashing into other cars when someone slips up a little bit.

Hopefully it isnt too bad but they do total it so u can get another car... then buy it back and build a sweet track car
Old 12-23-2008, 10:12 AM

[QUOTE]it was a hick town so 90% of the vehicles were suvs/trucks so from the s i was blind.. That will teach me to trust humans tongue.gif...[QUOTE]

On my car I have those little circle mirrors you can buy from honda they really help on the blind spot issue. Anyways sorry for the wreck hope your okay.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by vtec9' date='Dec 21 2008, 12:31 PM
It's definitely his fault.

I was on the other end of a similar situation once. I was in the left lane (left turn only) passing a long line of cars in the right lane (straight only) and someone was waved through the line, pulled out and slammed into my quarter panel.
I had something just like that happen this morning. There was only one car waiting in the turning lane and the light was still red so no hurry. It seemed like a long line in the 'middle' (normal left lane) back to where the turn lane started with a ups size truck at the end of the line. Fortunately I was going pretty slow (no hurry) not sure what was going on. As I came up to pass the truck I realized he was in the process of letting someone pull across the two lanes from the corner petrol station. The car didn't come across and the gap closed but it wouldn't have taken much to be a different outcome.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:49 PM

Quick Reply: :( sad sad day