S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: Which SC do you have / prefer + WHY!!
Comptech w/ Aftercooler
39.13%
Vortech w/ Aftercooler
34.78%
Comptech w/o Aftercooler
4.35%
Neither
10.87%
SCREW IT GO TURBO
10.87%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Which SC do you have / prefer + WHY!!

Old 08-18-2003, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which SC do you have / prefer + WHY!!

Which SC would you get and why??

This one

OR

This one

-JB-
Old 08-18-2003, 11:35 PM

3 Voted and no posts???

-JB-
Old 08-19-2003, 02:51 AM

Which supercharger is noisier?
Old 08-19-2003, 08:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is a long, ugly debate - basically they will get you similar results, Vortech being less expensive. I went Comptech due to an easier install, plus I've had lots of their products on other cars and knew that the fit and quality of the kit would be top-notch.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:06 AM
Administrator

This has been talked to death in this post https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...threadid=103345
Old 08-19-2003, 09:26 AM

Your right it has been talked to death in that thread.. BUT I dont wanna go through there and COUNT all the the different opinions..

+ Now that the Comptech aftercooler is out, it levels the playing field..

This thread isnt for and argument.. Its just to get a count of which one you prefer...

-JB-
Old 08-19-2003, 02:01 PM

The Vortech kit already comes w/ an aftercooler??
Old 08-19-2003, 02:51 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Which one you want and which one you buy are two different things. I'd 'want' the Comptech with AC but if I had to pay then I'd probably 'buy' the Vortech.

As I didn't have enough moolah for either I went with a second hand Comptech w/o AC.

So the question should be, 'Which would you prefer, the Comptech with AC or the Vortech and $USD2K?'.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:53 AM

Buy a used Comptech without the A/C for less than 3 grand and then buy the A/C. I like the price of a VORTEC new but I have to have CARB to pass emissions test...
Old 08-25-2003, 02:05 PM

Bought my 2001 S2000 almost new & very low miles with the Comptech SC w/out Aftercooler already put in by the orginal owner at a Honda dealership and they'd performed the installation. Purchased in January 2002 for a little less than what a new one was going for around MSRP, so it felt like the SC was almost a freebie, not quite, but close. So my SC choice was kind of already made for me, I've had no problems with the Comptech SC and I just ordered the Aftercooler upgrade, and in general I'm very happy with it. I can't speak for the Vortech SC, it sounds good, and honestly at the price point with the Aftercooler included in the kit, if I was starting from scratch, it would be tough to find rationale to choose the Comptech kit from a distance. I do like that Comptech is an all around tuner, making exhaust, headers and suspension components, for me that would be a selling point, sticking with one manufacturer like folks do with Mugen, Toda and Spoon. Both companies are local in state for me which gives piece of mind, and given this state's emission regulations with CARB numbers, going turbo for just a street ride involves more considerations that I didn't want to get into.

To the layman like me, choosing Vortech vs Comptech reminds me of folk that debate Ford/Chevy preferences and loyalties. Albeit if I said screw to emission concerns, money was not an issue, maintenace/tuning was not an issue, I'd take a Speedcraft turbo kit with an AEM ecu. There's just something about boost control, blow off valves and front mount intercoolers that speaks to me like a fine lady with legs, back and good cleavage.

Quick Reply: Which SC do you have / prefer + WHY!!