S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

A scary thing happend last night!

Old 02-18-2003, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A scary thing happend last night!

Just thought I would share my scary experience from last night. I was at work last night until around 9:00pm. I work in a pretty affluent city which has a little downtown area. I always park near this luxury condo high rise about a block and a half away from my work due to the lack of trees in front. Which helps keep the bird droppings away. Anyway last night as I was walking to my car I noticed in the distance a whole bunch of flashing lights. As I turned the corner to where my S was parked I saw 3 large fire trucks, 2 or 3 ambulances, and a couple of police cars, but no S2000. I said to my self "Oh my god where is my car!". I finally was able to get through to were my car was parked and to my shock and relief, the fire dept had surrounded my car with cones. I guess so that it would not get damaged. I thought for sure my car would have been covered with frozen water debris and god knows what ever else. Luckily it was not a big fire and my beloved S made it out of there with out a scratch.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:58 AM

Yeah, screw the people/pets/property inside the blaze, just don't touch my S2000!
Old 02-18-2003, 08:20 AM

I was not trying to come off insensitive to the people who lived in the building, it was just a crazy thing to see my little S surrounded by all the emergency vehicles.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:26 AM

That was awfully considerate of the emergency people to protect your car. Did you thank anyone there?
Old 02-18-2003, 08:57 AM

I would have said thanks, but once they found out I was the owner of the car they wanted it moved immediately.
Old 02-18-2003, 09:46 AM

Well I hope you thanked some high power. I must say that I am glad I live in the 'burbs. I hate parking my S anywhere but my garage.
Old 02-18-2003, 09:46 AM

This reminds me of something I saw a few years ago by my house.The local FD responded to a garage fire about a block away from my home.As I was walking down the street to see what was going on I noticed a newer Ford pick up parked in front of the hydrant they needed to hook up too.Don't know if this was done on purpose but the firefighter hooked up a hose line and ran it over the hood and cab of the truck.Let me tell ya when they charged that hose that truck dropped about 3 inches and scratched the hell out of the paint.Guess that's why they paint those curbs red.
Old 02-18-2003, 09:49 AM

That's why you don't park in front of fire hydrants.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:48 AM

Originally posted by REVN29K
...and to my shock and relief, the fire dept had surrounded my car with cones. I guess so that it would not get damaged.
You're lucky they didn't have to do this to your car:

Old 02-18-2003, 11:20 AM

I was not parked in front of a hydrant, I was just parked directly in front of the building entrance. When I got to the scene I was just worried that the hoses might have touched my car, or debris might have fallen on it.

Quick Reply: A scary thing happend last night!