S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Seat comfort

Old 08-28-2003, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New here and considered Old by these standards (41). Any of you have comfort issues with the car? Do you have a bad back or poor circulation that finds it very uncomfortable to drive for very long? If so has anyone swapped out the driver's seat for something a bit more adjustable? Or added a cushion of some sort, maybe a posture-pedic lumbar or seat?

No I'm not kidding, I am a Quadraparetic (partially paralyzed in all 4 limbs). I have a hard time finding a comfortable seating position. The lack of adjustments has me concerned.

I apologize if this has been gone over before ...I'll get the hang of it soon. I also posted this in the "Vintage" section for us "Seasoned" folks.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:43 PM

I feel as if the seat is fairly comfortable and offers good support for a roadster sports car. It's my daily driver and I've taken it on long trips and the seat comfort works for me just fine. But it's by no means a luxury car...so it really depends on what you're looking for. And some people have swapped out seats (failry simple) but it's usually with some type of racing seat. Good luck.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have no problems as long as I can stop and stretch out every couple of hours or so.

My wife hates it on long drives. If the seats were more plush, the suspension more floaty like a Camry, and an automatic slapped in, she would love the car.
Old 08-29-2003, 01:20 AM

See if a dealer will let you take a car for a weekend.
Old 08-29-2003, 01:24 AM

I think the seat are very supportive, and comfortable for at least a couple of hours. We take the 4runner for the long trips, though!
More room for luggage!
Old 08-29-2003, 01:33 AM

i just went from a racing seat to the oem . the oem one likes sofa . boy
Old 08-29-2003, 08:24 AM

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

I have zero complaints. The seat fits me like a glove and offers great support. I hurt my lower back a few weeks ago, and while it never hurt to sit in the S2000 (getting in was another story), the seats in our BMW 325I were decidedly uncomfortable to me.

I once drove the S2000 for 12 hours straight (with a few stops for food and gas) and never had any back pain or butt numbness. I attribute this to the width (or relative narrow) of the seat and the job the lateral supports do in distributing body weight more evenly. It's just the right fit for someone my size.
Old 08-29-2003, 08:27 AM

after about 2 hours my back starts killing me. 2 hours is about my limit then i need to stretch.
Old 08-29-2003, 08:33 AM
Former Moderator

I don't find the seats all that comfortable either and it's the main reason I don't do get together drives with the other owners. I'd love to go to Fall Colors but my back and ass wouldn't be able to take it... and I have never had back problems. I should also add that I hate long trips in ANY car.
Old 08-29-2003, 09:28 AM

I give the seats a high rating for user friendliness. I am among the older members here (64), underwent my 2nd back surgery (lumbar spinal fusion) 25 days ago, plus I am 6 foot 2, about 225 lbs., and I have rather 'chubby cheeks.' Despite all the above, I find the seating to be both very comfortable and supportive. I have taken a couple of 5 hour road trips in the car, and have not found the seating to be at all uncomfortable for such long periods.

Quick Reply: Seat comfort