S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Seat Covers

Old 12-19-2006, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Covers

I plan on getting the White with Red/Black interior and want to get some seat covers that match.

Can someone recommend a good place to seat covers. I assume they would be a custom design?

Thanks,
Old 12-19-2006, 08:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just get some clear plastic slip covers like one on Ray Romano's mom's couch (Everyone Love Raymond).

But seriously...

Check out Wet Okole for custom fitted seat covers. Specifically here for the S2000.

If you scroll down, they have all sorts of custom selections, including a two-tone red-on-black similar to the stock seats. I don't know how the red will match the other red features in the interior, but it's gotta be close enough for when you're using the covers.

There are some people on the site that have these covers and IIRC have been happy with them.

One last note...

I'm not sure if the seat covers from Wet Okole are different for '00-'05 and '06+, but you might want to look into it before ordering as the headrests are shaped slightly different.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:42 AM

Why on earth would you want to cover your seats? Unless they are worn our and full of holes, etc.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid,Dec 19 2006, 10:42 AM
Why on earth would you want to cover your seats? Unless they are worn our and full of holes, etc.
I simply like having Seat covers. I've had them for 7 years on my integra and the seats are still brand new. Plus, I don't burn my a$$ when getting in the car during the hot summer Living in Arizona that can burn pretty good.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by UCrazyKid,Dec 19 2006, 01:42 PM
I plan on using my S2000 for some w/e trips to the mountains and the beach where I'll be in slightly damp or dirty clothes. I can see a lot of value in having seat covers like the ones I posted to keep the OEM seats in good condition.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:54 AM

Would you guys like a padded steering wheel cover to go with that?
Old 12-19-2006, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by watchdogd,Dec 19 2006, 11:17 AM
I simply like having Seat covers. I've had them for 7 years on my integra and the seats are still brand new. Plus, I don't burn my a$$ when getting in the car during the hot summer Living in Arizona that can burn pretty good.
To me that's like keeping the plastic on the couch.
Yeah the couch still looks new 10 years later, but you had to look at the plastic the whole time instead of the couch. lol
Old 12-19-2006, 01:41 PM

I also own the wet okole seat covers and they are great!

Why would you want them?

-- They give the car a different look
-- They are grippier and stop you from sliding around during spirited driving
-- They are made of wet suit material so they are completely water/spill proof
-- They fit like a glove and the material is warmer on a cold day.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by stphotographer,Dec 19 2006, 02:41 PM
I also own the wet okole seat covers and they are great!

Why would you want them?

-- They give the car a different look
-- They are grippier and stop you from sliding around during spirited driving
-- They are made of wet suit material so they are completely water/spill proof
-- They fit like a glove and the material is warmer on a cold day.
Yeah but...

1. They give the car a different look that looks cheap, IMO!

2. They are grippier? The seats seem to hug me real tight like they are engineered to do. Maybe that's just me though

3. This is a good point. I just choose to not let drinks/food in my car. I do use my car for daily driving so I know that this is not always possible.

4. Why would it matter if the seats are warmer on a cold day? Wouldn't you be wearing pants on a cold day? You would never touch the seats in this case, right

I am not trying to flame but it is hard for me to see why anyone would want to cover up the third best stock seats in the market. (obviously my opinion with the VW R32's being the best and the Recaro's from the Evo in second)

This is just crazy to me. I could see having them for situations where you might get dirty or wet and want to keep your seats from getting messed up for that particular ride but not to have them on all the time. You could also just use towels for those trips too

Brandon
Old 12-19-2006, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by GOS2K007,Dec 19 2006, 05:32 PM
To me that's like keeping the plastic on the couch.
Yeah the couch still looks new 10 years later, but you had to look at the plastic the whole time instead of the couch. lol
Personally, I wouldn't leave them on all the time, but they'd certainly be useful in situations that would cause accelerated wear or damage.

Originally Posted by Bz2005s2k @ Dec 19 2006, 06:15 PM
Yeah but...

1. They give the car a different look that looks cheap, IMO!

2. They are grippier? The seats seem to hug me real tight like they are engineered to do. Maybe that's just me though confused.gif

3. This is a good point. I just choose to not let drinks/food in my car. I do use my car for daily driving so I know that this is not always possible.

4. Why would it matter if the seats are warmer on a cold day? Wouldn't you be wearing pants on a cold day? You would never touch the seats in this case, right confused.gif
Yeah but...

1. Nothing looks cheaper to me than seats that have been mistreated and worn out. Seat covers can minimize damage when used in high-wear situations keeping those OEM seats looking better, longer.

By the way, take a closer look at the Wet Okole seat covers. With some of the piping and color options, the covers on OEM seats look very much like after market seats. These aren't your cheapo Walmart seat covers. Some may actually prefer the [custom] look.

2. The OEM seats come in only one size, while people come in all different shapes and sizes. Likewise, racing seats that are intended to hold the driver in a safe and optimal driving position come in various shapes and sizes (and are sometimes customized for a perfect fit). It is possible that for some people the grippier seat covers may be a low-cost improvement

3. So you do see some value in seat covers.

4. I think the point here is that the covers offer more insulating ability than your pants would alone. Of course I suppose it depends what kind of pants you are wearing... Jeans seem to offer a decent amount of insulation, while khakis offer less. I would imagine seat covers wouldn't do squat if you're wearing ski pants.

I am not trying to flame but it is hard for me to see why anyone would want to cover up the third best stock seats in the market. (obviously my opinion with the VW R32's being the best and the Recaro's from the Evo in second)
How 'bout to protect the "third best stock seats in the market" in high-wear situations? Besides, I thought there were already some good reasons presented for why some may want seat covers.

This is just crazy to me. I could see having them for situations where you might get dirty or wet and want to keep your seats from getting messed up for that particular ride but not to have them on all the time. You could also just use towels for those trips too
It's crazy to me that people are so intent to persuade the OP not to purchase seat covers when he already sees value in them (regardless of his reasons).

Quick Reply: Seat Covers