S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Should I buy the Konig Rated-R

Old 04-16-2001, 08:31 PM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

...But that exactly what I'm getting at. I've also grown up in the "import scene". Konig's reputation has gotten MUCH better as have their rims.

Yes, there are some copied rims that they make, there some rims that are "individualized copies", and then they have some that are truly their own style.

Konig is not what they used to be, I have the rims to prove it. Here's an example, who did they copy Konig Toxxin style from?

ADR is another story....they don't sell knock off's. They sell those rims that haven't passed the manufacturing quality standards that the manufacturer makes. These "unworthy" lower quality rims are sold to companies like ADR, where they get re-branded and sold as cheaper rims.

It may be that Konig got their start this way, but NOW the rims are of very good quality....again, they aren't Racing Harts, AMG's, etc., but they are still quality pieces.
Old 04-16-2001, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by S2SaV
My apologies, please omit OZ rims. I just "assumed" since they are used in racing (WRC, F1, CART) that they are good. Sorry! Latez!
Sorry S2Sav,
I didn't mean to rant on ya dude... I was just trying to say that the Street wheels that the Big name sell are nowhere near the quality they should be for the outrageous prices they get. The prices are inflated by being name brands... Just like a fancy POLO shirt that cost $1 to produce in Malaysia.

The Konigs are probably not as nice either, but if any Konig wheel had a BBS logo on them they would probably cost $500 each
Old 04-16-2001, 08:57 PM
SaV

I think (please correct me if I'm wrong) SSR came out with the Toxxin design first. It was either SSR or some other company because I've seen them out before Konig released them.
I understand the commitment that people have for the Konig brand. Unfortunately, I have not owned any set of rims yet (still saving for the Work's or the Blitz's) so I can't speak from experience. I suppose that they are good, but the background of the name just makes me cringe. They whole line of rims are copies of other brands; Konig Monsoon=Volk AV3, Konig Imagine= Enkei Aegeis, Konig MP3= AVS (something), Konig Temperr= Volk GT(M or N), Konig Rhythm= Work Meisters, Konig Sub-Zero= Racing Hart CP-035,Konig Tantrum= AVS Model 7. The list goes on and on. They are imitators.The Konig name is just CHEAP. Sorry for the rant, I'm just bored at home. Latez!
Old 04-16-2001, 09:53 PM

wheels just look gud and roll, if its light n pretty much durable to everyday driving den they are gud enough, personally i dont see the point of going out and paying big $$$ for a set of wheels that just look good and weigh a little less when i can get around the same for a much lower price, plus konig isnt that bad now anyways. I mean cmon whos gonna come up to your car and check ur rims, unless participate in a show, theres no point in gettin brand name rims.
~aznhc
Old 04-16-2001, 10:03 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2SaV
[B]I think (please correct me if I'm wrong) SSR came out with the Toxxin design first. It was either SSR or some other company because I've seen them out before Konig released them.
Old 04-17-2001, 03:46 AM

Originally posted by RoadTrip [/b]
The Konig name isn't that embarassing (remember the twin turbo Konig Testerossa's)...I[/B]
I believe you are thinking of these guys

different company
This is Koenig
Old 04-17-2001, 12:53 PM

Originally posted by S2SaV
Konig Imagine= Enkei Aegeis
= Volk III's (my Prelude wheels)

There's a guy up the street from me that has 19" Verdict, they do look nice.
Old 04-17-2001, 01:30 PM

I don't really give a freak what name brand a wheel is...

As long as the offset is correct...it doesn't look cheese, and it isn't heavy as heck (like our stock wheels)...it's cool with me.
Old 04-17-2001, 07:41 PM

Originally posted by funcar
Originally posted by RoadTrip
The Konig name isn't that embarassing (remember the twin turbo Konig Testerossa's)...I[/B]
I believe you are thinking of these guys

different company
This is Koenig
[/B]
OOPS heh. (climbing under rock)
Old 04-17-2001, 08:11 PM

Konigs are crap! Please stay away from these wheels,they are cheap knock offs,even the new Verdict wheels are knock offs,they copied it from a company caled ZEIT which a distributor of Bridgestone,the wheels are called Zeit SS version which I seen many advertisement on last years issues of OPTIONS magazine(Japans aftermarket tuner mag)check out there website and look what they copied,they are the most chezzzzzzest wheel makers out there,you don't want to put these wheels on a high performance car.

http://www.bim-cs.com/product/ss/whi.html

or check out there website from Japan:
http://www.bim-cs.com

[Edited by RPM9K on 04-17-2001 at 09:14 PM]

Quick Reply: Should I buy the Konig Rated-R