S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

"Show me how fast it can go"

Old 05-15-2002, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Show me how fast it can go"

My S2k is the first convertible I have had in 20 years of driving so I am not used to all the new things I can hear driving with the top down. Last night I was out driving, breaking in my car, (only 200 miles so far due to bad weather) and at a stop light a BIG lifted Ford diesel pickup pulled up. I barely heard someone say something (over the fabulous sounding radio (- so I looked around and I saw some guys inside that had been working all day as they were covered with dirt. The driver yelled out:

"Is that car fast"

Umm, I think so but I am driving it slower as it is new

" Show me how fast it can go"

Umm I'm not racing it yet

"Is it a Honda??"

Yes

"Cool car"

They all smiled as I pulled away. I can't believe how many comments and types of comments I get. Makes driving around even more fun
Old 05-15-2002, 09:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wait til you start getting it at gas stations.... that's one of the most popular places I get looks.

A lady the other day at Wendy's working the drive thru could not stop staring at my car. Even as I was leaving, I looked and her and said bye, and she goes "im sorry, i just can't stop looking at your car!!!"
Old 05-15-2002, 09:34 PM

I drove my uncle to pick his truck up at the Cummins Deisel shop (1 ton 4x4 turbo deisel Ram dually.....really cool, mega overkill) and all these greasy truck mechanics all came out to look at my car, saying how awesome it was, never seeing one before, and how they couldn't beleive it was a Honda. I was eating it up, I love it!
Old 05-15-2002, 09:43 PM

Originally posted by Ernie
I can't believe how many comments and types of comments I get. Makes driving around even more fun
It's probably your great choice in colors that gets all the good comments.

Congrat's on the purchase and welcome to the cult!!! Glad to see you're maintaining the break in procedure and using some very difficult discipline.

Breaking in my second S was like doing this
Old 05-16-2002, 03:42 AM

Hi Ernie, I see you have a spa yellow! I have one ordered also, the last four of my VIV is 5495. I have not received mine yet but the build date was the 11th of April, I was curious how long ago yours arrived.
Old 05-16-2002, 04:07 AM

Hi Iowa S2K!! Good luck with your new car when it comes.

They told me mine was built around March 29th and it arrived here at the very end of April

JeffS2K- I think you have that nice white S2k from Eskridge. When I read your story of the diesel shop, I thought of that Fram commercial on TV when the guy working on his vehicle leaves a black oily hand print on the side of the white BMW 330 convertible that asks for direction to the freeway!!

I washed my S2k last night for the first time. Wow was that easy timewise!!
Old 05-16-2002, 07:18 AM
S2K

Ernie: Get use to it...you will get lots and lots of stare and compliments. I bought my S back in October of 2000 and I still get compliments and fine ladies asking for rides... I also notice you are from MN...kewl. Now hopefully we can get a few more S owners and do a mini-meet or some driving. I don't see many S around this area.
Old 05-16-2002, 01:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing I love to do is park the car in front of an outdoor seated cafe/restaurant. Then I get a table not too far away....and watch all the pedestrian traffic walking by staring at it as they walk by. They see the car...keep walking...but their heads are still turned towards it. And then the nice comments if they are with someone. Yes I annoy whomever I'm at dinner/coffee with by saying 'look they're checking out my car'....100Xs!

That's what we pay for baby!
Old 05-16-2002, 01:59 PM
Banned

The best thing is the reactions guys get when they see me, a 22 year old female driving this car. If they are anywhere near my age, sometimes I get the "daddy's car" comment, making me a little mad because I worked my buns off to be able to get this car. But I just smile am realize that it is only jealousy that propmts those kinds of reactions.

Otherwise, the response is overwhelming! I have raced a few cars, porsches, integras, 240SX's, mustangs and even a Camaro SS and they have come away surprised if not a little mad that they got beat by a girl.
Old 05-16-2002, 02:13 PM

Good storie and bad stories:

Good story is driving down the freeway and a car pulls up next to me with a hand written sign on a big notepad scrawled with "Cool Car!"

Bad story is parking the car in the employee parking lot, talking to the president of the company. He says, "well I suppose we don't need to give you any more raises." Dangit.

-V.

Quick Reply: "Show me how fast it can go"