S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Silly dealership

Old 03-08-2010, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silly dealership

Ok so im on leave back in El paso and i want to get my clutch fluid changed because it hasnt been changed since i got it. Of course i would do it myself but i have no time. Anyway for those that live in el paso i went to rudolph honda. I go in and ask the service reception girl i need to get a clutch fluid change and i get the biggest blank stare ever. So she asks this other service guy about and hes confused too. So by now im already ready to leave because they do not know wat they are talking about. So the last service lady told me that once my clutch fluid is gone i would need a new clutch!!!! So i instantly stop hr and say that is not true because i barely installed a cc stg 2 about 5 months ago. I guess she got pissed and left and never answered me. But anyways now im back to the older guy and says hes gonna ask the mechanics. So i wait and wait. Finally he comes up and tells me they do do it and that he didnt know it was just brake fluid. So once he said that i left. I was laughing on my way to the other dealership, el paso honda, to the comment that girl made about how i gonna need a new clutch! Lol anyways i get to the other dealship and see other s2k there and give him a thumbs up. Now once i talk to the service guy at this dealership he knows what im talking about and guess what. He got my business. But anyways thanks for reading a long long rant

Cliff notes for lazy people
-dealership didnt know what a clutch fluid change was
-told me my clutch needed to be changed too
-left after they didnt know wtf was happening
-went to another dealership and knew what was a clutch fluid change
-end rant
Old 03-08-2010, 06:25 AM

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Note to self. Never go to Rudolph Honda for service.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad I don't live in Texas...just kidding!

I wouldn't expect the receptionist to necessarily know anything about cars, but the service guy should have!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:53 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Depressingly I've had similar issues with dealerships.

I waited 5 hours for them to *attempt* to align my S2000. I got it back with a worse alignment than it went in with.

Needless to say I don't deal with them (Honda Presidential Gold Winner dealer) anymore
Old 03-08-2010, 04:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How long you in for? I live in NM, an hr away from EP, we should get like a s2k drive going, i'm 1 of 5 s2k here, and no one else seems to be interested in a drive.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Note to self thank Masterforce for cliff notes

Next note to myself never trust any stealership!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:27 PM

something like that happend to me, i went to do the dealer, and while i wait the service lady comes and takes my info an everything, then when she went to start the car she would turn the key and i saw her try it a couple of times until she said to me, your car would not start i think you have a bad battery , she did not know the s2k strat by button , sometimes i wonder how they work there.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:36 PM

Well im down to drive anytime. Ill be in ep till the 15 bad thing is i dont know any other s2ks here
Old 03-09-2010, 07:31 AM

For the defense of some of the service reps, a lot of them have no mechanic background. They are there to do all of the computer/paperwork. Along with the receptionists at dealerships. Now if the mechanics have the clueless look on their faces then I'd definitely leave and go elsewhere. But I wouldn't judge a place on the knowledge of their paper pushers
Old 03-09-2010, 11:14 AM

Received 411 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by adidas_man,Mar 9 2010, 11:31 AM
For the defense of some of the service reps, a lot of them have no mechanic background. They are there to do all of the computer/paperwork. Along with the receptionists at dealerships. Now if the mechanics have the clueless look on their faces then I'd definitely leave and go elsewhere. But I wouldn't judge a place on the knowledge of their paper pushers
Not sure why you left. The guy came back and proved that the people that were going to do the work knew what they were talking about.

Quick Reply: Silly dealership