S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

So much hating on our S

Old 05-19-2005, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I need to vent on the Dodge Neon. A lot of stupid ricers seem to be drawn to the Neon SRT or whatever it is called. I think it is one of the ugliest cars out there. People do not understand Honda's philosophy. We all know the Neon is no engineering marvel, it has nothing in respect to the S2000. It has a crummy Dodge engine with a turbo..end of discussion. How an S2000 ends up always in comparsion with the Neon is beyond me, they should be compared agianst an EVO or STI, they are all turbo sedans, not 2 seater roadsters?...Had the get that off my chest
Old 05-19-2005, 06:07 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Neons are for peons. That thread proves my theory to be true.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:09 AM

It is amazing to me how most people are trying to impress people with their knowledge after they read a few magazine and pulled out some numbers or pull out some rating from the mag. I own a civic Si and S2000. I love honda but I respect other cars that is made great, RX7, EVO, STI, 240, Miata, M3, and a whole lot of cars that I think are great. Not all these cars are made in the same class... Coming for somewhat of a ricer background myself, I used to take my civic to some of the import nights (but I have no visual mod on my civic, just performance improvements), it amaze me how people are ignorant... btw, it was the honda civic or the ricers that created the whole trend... there would probably be no Neon or Neon SRT if wasnt for the civic. I have to vent this out... I know you guys know better. Just how sad many kids never drove a car and are cussing each other out on how much they know. I think people just taking discrimination to their cars now... very very sad...
Old 05-19-2005, 08:37 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by elmmx5,May 19 2005, 03:43 AM
It's nothing compared to some if the infantile responses you'll see in the thread here.
Like mine:

"The SRT-4 is great for racing, that is if you define racing as 'from stoplight to stoplight.'"

"An SRT-4 owner calling an S2000 'overpriced' is like a Kia owner biatching about the price of a Tiburon being too high."

"The SRT-4 might have been Sport Compact Car's 'Car of the Year'. The reason it didn't make C&D's list is that C&D does not count nawz, pinstriping, unpainted body kits, and big-ass wings as part of the requirements for making the 10-best list"

Old 05-19-2005, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by rworne,May 19 2005, 08:37 AM
Like mine:

"The SRT-4 is great for racing, that is if you define racing as 'from stoplight to stoplight.'"

"An SRT-4 owner calling an S2000 'overpriced' is like a Kia owner biatching about the price of a Tiburon being too high."

"The SRT-4 might have been Sport Compact Car's 'Car of the Year'. The reason it didn't make C&D's list is that C&D does not count nawz, pinstriping, unpainted body kits, and big-ass wings as part of the requirements for making the 10-best list"
OOOOOOOOOOH FOCK THIS IS FUNNY MAN. ADDING TO MY QUOTES INDEED
Old 05-19-2005, 09:04 AM

i particularly like the part where they state how the srt-4 won sport compact of the year, when the s2k didnt
Old 05-19-2005, 09:58 AM

Apparently the faster the car the better it is, regardless of quality, style, fun factor, reliability, and of course how it does on turns.

That and the SRT-4 is still a dodge! hehe

According to the them, all of the american muscle cars are the best cars...being that it doesn't take too much money to make the car go fast. So power to price ratio is good, and you get alot of power period. Plus its the best car in the world right? It has everything that ENeon guy wanted. Now why would someone spend $20K on an SRT-4 when you can buy say a '68 camaro SS for less?

PS. I'm not dogging on american muscle cars by any means, but I am dogging on those idiots. They have their kiddie forums and we have ours...
Old 05-19-2005, 09:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by elmmx5,May 19 2005, 04:43 AM
It's nothing compared to some if the infantile responses you'll see in the thread here.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:10 AM

1. Who cares what people on a street racing site say about the S2000?

2. Have you ever noticed the disdainful things said about so many other cars on this site?
Old 05-19-2005, 10:28 AM

That was physically painful to read.

Quick Reply: So much hating on our S