S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Spa Yellow owners: Are you getting lots of stares while in your bright beauty?

Old 01-09-2001, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People down here are practically breaking their necks staring at my Yellow S2000.

Get this: while driving up A1A through Ft. Lauderdale, I was being closely followed by a late model, bright red Ferrari. You'll never guess who was getting the stares from the cars passing us...my Stook! I almost felt bad for the Ferrari owner behind me!

Here's the clincher: While driving through Delray Beach, with the same Ferrari behind me, we passed a long line of parked cars at the beach and one of them was an exact same model Ferrari, down to the same red paint! So while Delray Beach was swimming in "exotic" Italian sheetmetal, on Saturday, January 6, 2001 the rarest automobile in this south Florida city was a YELLOW S2000!
What a life.
Old 01-09-2001, 08:08 PM

HEY!!! I take offense to that. I have a Silver and I get lots of stares in my beauty.
Old 01-09-2001, 08:42 PM

Don't take offense, sport. If you don't like my posting then start your own thread.

I'm sure all S2000s get lots of admiring looks, especially since they are so rare, but my question was directed to Yellow owners specifically.

Let me put one thing straight...there are no bad colors for this car, as there are no supreme colors. Everyone has their favorite, and to them, that is the best.
I do believe, however, that people who would buy a bright yellow sports car probably share the same personality traits. (This could also be said of S2000 owners in general, since it is a remarkably unique car.)
Old 01-09-2001, 09:11 PM

Old 01-09-2001, 09:17 PM

I have something to say that relates to both!!! I bought my 2000 Silver the day it was released in the US, for the first 2 months I had almost every person I saw while driving look at it (brand new S2000 model). This slowly faded away. After a year, I hardly got any stares. When I picked up my yellow 2001, the stairs returned but not near the abundance of the first 2 months of the Silver. However, people are still staring at the yellow 3 months after buying it. Sometimes its fun to have shades an and watch the cross traffic at a red light when you get the pole position. Almost every set of eye, passenger or driver are always bending their necks sideways to look at the car.

I
Old 01-10-2001, 04:29 AM

Y2ks2k,
You understand my observation. While I drove a beautiful red Miata for many years, I never felt so conspicuous before. I actually think that driving Spa Yellow (at least in the daylight) is making it less comfortable to drive at above posted speeds. Strange but true.

Has driving your Yellow changed the way you operate your Stook?
Old 01-10-2001, 05:13 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SomethingWicked:
[B]Y2ks2k,
You understand my observation.
Old 01-10-2001, 05:30 AM

Heck yeah I've been getting alot of stares. Especially at every light/intersection and while I'm driving. I constantly see people careening around just to get a better look, my friend (Red s2k) and I were driving down our old college area and this Ferrari F355 giong in the other direction was just staring at our cars, I was looking at his. The yellow no doubt catches alot of wanted/unwanted attention.
Old 01-10-2001, 05:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm scared to look
Old 01-10-2001, 06:02 AM
JRM

Picture this; Man stops at a light next to bar in a yellow S2K. Drunk comes out of the bar. Remindes him he needs to take pee! Better yet, mistakes it for a giant lemon and trys to squeeze the the baby yellow s..t out of it.HAHA It's RED DAY!

Really great choice in the car, I mean!hehe

Quick Reply: Spa Yellow owners: Are you getting lots of stares while in your bright beauty?