S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Sparco Rev seats -- which rails?

Old 02-06-2007, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sparco Rev seats -- which rails?

Anyone running Sparco Rev's on Buddy Club rails? I tried mounting them today, and it seems like the Revs are too skinny to fit on the rails when the sliding handle bar is used. I already tried using washers to space the seat out, but that didn't help enough.

Anyone have a similar experience?
Old 02-07-2007, 06:29 PM

OK, I take it no one has tried this then?

Let me rephrase my question: if you are using Sparco Rev (or Rev+), what rails are you using (other than Taitec, as I'm aware those will work)? And, was there any modification necessary?
Old 02-21-2007, 08:30 AM

Hey There

I have a Sparco REV Plus and i'm using a buddyclub seat rail. The seat is about 3/4 inch too narrow to line up with the rail. I mounted it with long bolts and spacers. The seating position is only lowered about an inch. Being that I'm 6"3 I need to be at least a few inches lower. I've looked over SOS rails but could never get a definate answer on whether they'll put me any lower. I'd be willing to sell the buddyclub rail as soon as I find a better alternative.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:12 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

S2KRAZY03

Remove the center pad in the seat. That will drop you down another 1"-1.5"

ignition25

The rails mount to the car. It is then that the seat mounts will not come together enough to mount the seats. Correct? All you need is a replacement bracket that has more on the rail mounting side to alow you to adjust them in more.

Make sense?
Old 02-21-2007, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Stratocaster,Feb 21 2007, 10:12 AM
The rails mount to the car. It is then that the seat mounts will not come together enough to mount the seats. Correct? All you need is a replacement bracket that has more on the rail mounting side to alow you to adjust them in more.

Make sense?
Yes, I think you understood correctly. The rails mount to the seats themselves fine (outside the car).. and they also mount to the car fine (without seats). But trying to put them together, the seats are too narrow/skinny to "reach" the rails when they're mounted properly to the car (ie. the rails are too wide).

I suppose a replacement bracket could work, but it would have to allow a LOT of leeway or have a sharp enough angle (maybe 10 deg instead of the current 45 deg) and length to reach the seats.

Any suggestions on what brackets I could use instead? Or would DIY self-fabrication be my only option here?

Thanks.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by S2KRAZY03,Feb 21 2007, 09:30 AM
Hey There

I have a Sparco REV Plus and i'm using a buddyclub seat rail. The seat is about 3/4 inch too narrow to line up with the rail. I mounted it with long bolts and spacers. The seating position is only lowered about an inch. Being that I'm 6"3 I need to be at least a few inches lower. I've looked over SOS rails but could never get a definate answer on whether they'll put me any lower. I'd be willing to sell the buddyclub rail as soon as I find a better alternative.
Mind if I ask what kind/size bolts and spacers you used? And how many spacers on each side?

I tried using two washers as spacers on each side, but that didn't give it enough. Any more than two per side, I felt it would be unsafe to ride in.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:19 PM

Hi, I am thinking about Sparco Rev but are they not too wide on the shoulders? Can you post some pics ?
Old 02-21-2007, 01:39 PM

check out science of speeds site... i think they used taitic(sp) railis on those seats to show which seats can get a good height drop.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:10 PM

ignition25 - Did you ever get this figured out?

I am experiencing the exact same problem and would like to resolve this issue.

Does anyone have ideas on brackets to account for the extra space?
Old 04-19-2008, 05:30 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Yes, he did. What he did I can't tell you. But if you look at the pictures in his sig, you will see the seats. Also they are listed in his sig text too.

Quick Reply: Sparco Rev seats -- which rails?