S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Stook Admiration

Old 03-20-2001, 11:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today is probably the best weather day in Chicago this year. There are no clouds in the sky and the temp is around 45-50 degrees. Needless to say, I am having Stook-withdrawl problems.

To make things worse, someone with a S2000 (silver/black)has been parking in my Company's visitor lot which is right outside my window!!!

It is funny to see people stop their cars in the lot, get out and spend up to 5 minutes doing laps around the car. I guess I have forgotten the attention that the car attracts.

Old 03-20-2001, 11:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speaking of admiration stories - I have heard all the comments about the 'wow!' appeal, but more so than all the gazing stares I get, I see the following the most.

You have seen him, he's the guy in the minivan with kids and a wife in the passenger seat. He's looking over at you in the corner of his eye as he nods at his wife - whatever she may be saying. He's looking only with his eyes - he can't turn his head - or else the wife would notice. And he's thinking to himself... 'if I could only get away in one of those things for a day.'
Old 03-20-2001, 11:25 AM
Community Organizer

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Schatten
[B]Speaking of admiration stories - I have heard all the comments about the 'wow!' appeal, but more so than all the gazing stares I get, I see the following the most.

You have seen him, he's the guy in the minivan with kids and a wife in the passenger seat.
Old 03-20-2001, 11:28 AM

Meat,

Who are you trying to kid? You dont do any work. Go home and get your precious car!!

BTW, the weather is much nicer here in Clearwater, FL!
Old 03-20-2001, 11:52 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually had Scarlet out terrorizing the mean streets of Chicago this weekend. Top down Sunday, oh yea. I, too, had kind of forgotten how people react to the car...it's nothing but stares, pointing and comments. Still makes me feel a little weird...!

I may swap cars out and take her out to McD's tomorrow for some fun in the sun. Last time I drove her out here, I parked a million miles away from anything, backed her in and when I came out at the end of the day, an M3 had backed in right next to me. I thought that was pretty cool.

Old 03-20-2001, 12:23 PM

I went to lunch today and parked next to two Boxsters. I went in to order and I noticed the two guys that owned the Boxsters go out to their cars. On the way, they passed my Fiend and stopped to take a look. I was getting a little worried because they were walking around the car, looking in the car (67 degrees, yes you know the top was down), and taking a long time admiring it. I had a nice little chuckle as the drove off. It definitely gets a ton of attention as far as people looking on the sly to take a look.
Old 03-20-2001, 12:24 PM

spend up to 5 minutes doing laps around the car.
What a coincidence.... I was working out at the gym and from the curl hammer strength machine you can see your car parked outside. Of course, I was kinda looking at my car (parked by itself) while working out. I noticed a big chevy truck drive next to my car. Then he starts to do a complete slow 360 drive around it. I expected rice boys to do this, but not a big-arse chevy truck.
Old 03-20-2001, 12:40 PM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gregstevens
[B].... backed her in and when I came out at the end of the day, an M3 had backed in right next to me.
Old 03-20-2001, 12:44 PM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

Clarification here:

Ed Liddy is CEO of Allstate, I believe he is still assumes the role of COO also. I've actually talked to this guy one on one, and he is awesome!!! Even though I have things against Allstate products (their insurance coverage products and their policy processes), Ed Liddy is one helluva leader.

Just in his presence he is an awe inspiring yet very humbled individual.
Old 03-20-2001, 12:58 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Schatten
[B]
You have seen him, he's the guy in the minivan with kids and a wife in the passenger seat.

Quick Reply: Stook Admiration