S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Supercharger Option?

Old 10-08-2003, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharger Option?

I've heard through my Honda dealer that adding a supercharger is a dealer installed option in Japan and is covered under the factory warranty. This is what the service department told me recently, so somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

If this is so, why isn't this available is the States?
Old 10-08-2003, 12:46 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Umm, no, this is not true. They might be thinking of Toyota - they offer TRD branded superchargers here in the US for several of their engines.
Old 10-08-2003, 02:00 PM

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

I've heard some of some dealerships selling S2000s new equipped with Comptech superchargers and keeping the full factory warranty. I don't know if that warranty would carry to other dealers, or just the one you bought it from. Maybe they just keep it a secret from AHM when/if a warranty issue arises.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:22 AM

This MIGHT be true...

I noticed that Comptech identifies Bell Honda (here in Phx) as an authorized Comptech retailer. Don't know if that means they'll stand behind the S/C alone or the whole powertrain (or maybe they only warranty after they upgrade the differential too).

Perhaps I will check into this further.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Moving to S2000 Talk
Old 10-14-2003, 12:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hah, I always got a chuckle out of Toyota TRD...
Old 10-14-2003, 04:27 PM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most of your dealers out there sell extended warranties - and not all of them sell Honda Care's. There are a million different warranty companies out there that will cover your car with a supercharger on it. Honda is super difficult on non-OEM accessories because they are very proud of the way the cars are already built (but this is turning into a thing of the past). They are now starting to realize there is a market for performance accessories (like TRD) in the United States! I think you will start to see some Honda exhausts, intakes, and maybe even that supercharger in the next few years! Let's all keep our fingers crossed!
Old 10-14-2003, 05:40 PM

Honda will honor your warranty with Comptech performance parts installed. See Comptech's website for details. Comptech is the only tuner that I have seen dealers offer to install on new cars for their customers because of this.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can barely get most Honda dealers to do TSBs. How many of us have had problems with dealers blaming the aftermarket parts even when they don't have anything to do with the problem. I had a dealer in my area tell me " you know your warrenty is voided because of your intake?" "uh, no its not.... Its not a true CAI so they only way I'd void it is if I hydrolocked it, which is impossible with this intake" His response, "Ok, its your car". Do you really think they, most dealers, would warrenty FI? The answer.... NO FRIGGIN WAY. With that said, some progessive thinking dealers are starting to be realistic about mods and offering installation and warrentying the work i.e. Ganley Honda installed my gears. There is talk of making it a S2000 super dealer i.e. Dealer installed gears, intake, etc....but that is a ways off.
Old 10-15-2003, 05:54 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The absolute majority of SC's are in the US. I know there was a Distinto Belleza SC on an S in the HyperRev mags but that's the only ones I've seen in Japan.

And you could count on one hand the number of Aus SC'd S's.

But one is mine!

Quick Reply: Supercharger Option?