S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Suspension Squeak

Old 04-16-2001, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live out in the hills of Oakland, CA, and I often have to make hard 90+ degree turns onto very steeps roads. Even though I make the turns very slowly, I hear an awful suspension squeak. This happens while turning onto to both steep ascending roads or descending roads. Last night I checked for the dreaded spacers by jacking up the car, turning the wheel to one side and shining in a flashlight. I can clearly see the springs on the top ot the tower WITHOUT any spacers (sigh of relief).

I've been living with this annoyance for 7 months now and otherwise the car handles great, but I wanna make sure that this is normal. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Edward
Old 04-16-2001, 02:53 PM

Hi Speedster

Once my car is warmed up, that is not less than 40 miles of driving, I start getting this "neep, neep, neep..." from the front end. I can't hear it unless I'm going slowly, like pulling into my driveway after a nice drive. Never had it before I had the trannie, clutch, seatbelt fix done. I don't know if it's suspension, or something loose. Hate it. Good luck with yours. Sure love the idea of letting some service guy drive my car for 40 miles to get the neep neep going.

2x6spds
Old 04-16-2001, 02:56 PM

Yours is tranny related? That's much different from my squeak, which is definitely coming from the front, but I'll probably be especially sensitive to the "neep, neep, neep..." sound the next time I start er up. Good luck.
Old 04-16-2001, 03:57 PM

Hi Speedster

I have no idea whether it is transmission related. I was thinking that when the dealer removed the transmission and power steering unit, and whatever else they had to do to effect the fix, something was not put back together correctly.

2x6
Old 04-16-2001, 04:00 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

All I can say is as long as it's not "peep, peep, peep" it won't crap on your hood... .
Old 04-17-2001, 04:53 AM

I have the same problem with a bump I have to drive over everyday. At first I thought it was my golf clubs, but I found that it makes the same sound without. It sounds as if I have rusty springs. Let me know if you find a cure.
Old 04-17-2001, 10:23 AM

took mine to the honda dealer today for what i think is the same problem...i get it when i get in and out of the car. and it sounds like you're sitting on an old bed. my guy said it's cause of the rear stress bar and they're having it replaced....let's hope it foes the trick.
Old 07-03-2001, 08:59 PM
vmb

Resurrecting this thread 'cause I got the same squeak today. Anyone here find the cause and solution? Thanks!
Old 07-03-2001, 09:13 PM

Hello

I haven't had a chance to take mine in yet, but I did call Tony, at Weseloh, told him my "neep neep neep" really sounded like having a good old time on a squeaky mattress. Tony told me he was looking at another with the same problem even as we were speaking. I have to call him on Thursday to see if they figured out what's causing the neep neep neep.

2x6
Old 07-04-2001, 04:00 AM
vmb

2x6-

that's a pretty accurate description of the sound! I'm curious what it's gonna turn out to be. Funny how some of these problems affect multiple cars, maybe it's so common because of great communications on this board, but still...........

looking forward to your findings, but unfortunately starting tomorrow I won't have internet access until the 21st, you won't hear from me for a while.

Quick Reply: Suspension Squeak