S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Suzuka Blue

Old 08-05-2002, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It definately looks better in person, personally I like it
Old 08-05-2002, 11:59 PM

Received 325 Likes on 275 Posts

I had choice of silver, black or blue...came home with blue after seeing it. Much better in person.
Old 08-06-2002, 12:40 AM

It's a gorgeous color whose hue changes with the angle of the sun. Add a dash kit of brushed aluminum to spark up the interior and you're all set!
Old 08-06-2002, 09:55 PM

Buy the blue!!!
Old 08-06-2002, 09:58 PM

blue is the best! become part of the blue crew
Old 08-06-2002, 10:10 PM

Personally, on pictures, the blue doesn't look very distinctive to me and a lot like silver -- a color I'm not a fan of.
However, a couple of friends of mine said they saw the Blue S2K in person and they LOVE the color. One of them made the comment (as someone did above), that the color "changes" with the angle of the sun. They say it looks awesome.
So believe it that you must see it in person for yourself to make the decision if you like the color. Sounds like picts just don't do the justice required.
Honestly, I was dead set on Red, but I'm hearing convincing arguments for blue now. Yes, I know that red and blue are very different colors. I just want a great color to complement the great car.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:28 PM

I to was in the same boat as you are in when purchasing my S. I was set on getting the red and could not find one in a 100 mile radius of where I live. So I decided to look for white and came to the same problem. So I decided that since I found black and silver that I will purchase the black. I looked on Honda's website and admit that when I saw the blue, I thought it be an ugly color. But when I went to my honda dealer after calling me and telling me they had a black/red in I went to check it out and I saw the blue there and my jaw just dropped after seeing it in person. The top was up and I didn't notice that the interior was a darker blue but when the dropped the top and you look at it with the lighter blue with the dark blue "a tent rose in my pants" (j/k) and at that point I decided on the blue. Never regretted the choice and was glad I couldn't find the red or white. If given a second chance and was offered the red, white or blue. I would still choose the SUZUKA BLUE METALLIC W/BLUE INTERIOR!!!

Old 08-07-2002, 05:48 AM

I saw one on the Honda showroom floor this am and really liked it again. If you like silver, this will be very nice for you. I really like the blue interior as well.

For me I like yellow better (obviously) but blue is VERRRY nice!

Go for it
Old 08-07-2002, 07:32 AM

Suzuka is naturally the most understated color of the S2000 bunch. If that's what you're into, then read on.

The Blue Bullet. The Blue Angel. The Blue Bomber. The Blue-by-you automobile. This car with this color is under-the-radar stealthy cool. It will not stand out in the sea of colors from far away, but people tend to walk up to get a closer look to see what the hell this beautiful automobile is. In the band of S2000 colors, Blue is the bass player. You don't really notice it because the rest of the band is much louder and visible, but you can tell it's there.

The Blue interior is perfect for the Suzuka. No other color would look right. Even black. Black would overpower the exterior. That's why Honda chose blue. You may hear, "it's not a traditional racing car color like yellow, red, black, or even the traditional racing car color of Japan, white". Under the hood, we're all the same. You may even hear somebody whining "it's a wimpy color", but like I said: under the hood, we're all the same.

Blue is easy to maintain. You do not see the dust as much. It looks clean, even when it has some dust on it. And yes, Suzuka Blue metallic can appear to be holographic, changing hues in different shades of light. It's amazing. If you use Zaino or Meg's or any other quality wax, the clear-coated paint really stands out and is remarkable!

Finally, ALL the colors in the S2000 line look great. It just depends on whether you want to stand out and be the lead singer, (Yellow) play lead guitar (Red) be the keyboardist (Silver and White) or sit back and be the rhythm section - be the bassist or drummer (Suzuka/Monte Carlo Blue or Black).

You know what I play.
Old 08-07-2002, 07:40 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by VinceD
[B]Suzuka is naturally the most understated color of the S2000 bunch.

Quick Reply: Suzuka Blue