S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Taunted by Rednecks

Old 09-19-2005, 08:21 PM
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

I have not had any YET...which is surprising since this is Kansas and you can not swing a dead cat without hitting a 4WD with a dual exhuast and a lift kit. They love to hate around here, and I have had my S a month...I try to avoid streets that I will get attention on. I like the occasional, 'hey, nice car man!'. But the negativity is intolerable.

I did see a raised old school Blazer speeding up in my rear-view mirror earlier tonight, but I simply tapped the gas in 4th gear and left him smelling exhaust. I had one bad encounter in a previous car, my 97 Accord. Even in that car this particular truck was not a challenge.

I think the best policy with rednecks is to ignore them. Reason? They are owned without you even having to change gears or tap the gas in your S.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I went to Panama City Beach earlier this summer with my girlfriend, we were on 'the strip' and had some Alabama rednecks squirt water at my car with a water gun and laugh at me. They were driving a V6 Camaro with 'altezza' taillights. Congratulations you pieces of trash. Now go have sex with one another and get herpes.

Later that night, some dumb bitch in a lifted red pickup yelled "nas cahr, daddie bye dat for you?" My girlfriend and I busted out laughing.

I like to think that rednecks are all into beastiality. This makes it so that, when I see them in public, I can laugh hard thinking of them molesting a goat.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by RWD_HNDA,Sep 19 2005, 05:18 PM
They were driving a cracked out car and in the "ghetto" part of town. And I sure hope you aren't trying to play the race card Kanye.

BTW I will not do this in here, if you have any more comments feel free to PM me.
IDIOT!! Race card - this is a car forum - you said it not me and for the record Jacksonville as a whole is ran down..
Old 09-20-2005, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by afwfjustin,Sep 20 2005, 01:50 AM
When I went to Panama City Beach earlier this summer with my girlfriend, we were on 'the strip' and had some Alabama rednecks squirt water at my car with a water gun and laugh at me. They were driving a V6 Camaro with 'altezza' taillights. Congratulations you pieces of trash. Now go have sex with one another and get herpes.

Later that night, some dumb bitch in a lifted red pickup yelled "nas cahr, daddie bye dat for you?" My girlfriend and I busted out laughing.

I like to think that rednecks are all into beastiality. This makes it so that, when I see them in public, I can laugh hard thinking of them molesting a goat.
Now thats funny - "molesting a goat".. hahahahah you are so wrong..
Old 09-20-2005, 03:53 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is why I HATE traveling north of Miami into the rest of Florida. Miami is cool but the rest of FL is filled with racist, ignorant rednecks.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a couple of times, but nothign really sticks out. usually they try and do something stupid to get my attention or ask what kind of car it is. 99% of the time i ignore them.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by PilotKD,Sep 19 2005, 02:20 PM
How's Clifton these days? That's my old backyard.
Not too shabby in the Allwood section. Other sections have been going south. Our proximity to Passaic and Paterson is a problem.

Thank you for you service, Sir.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:49 AM

I had a Ford F-350 Dually keep up with me 2 months ago. My co-worker knows the owner and he is equipped with a Banks 6 shooter and all kinds of turbo upgrades from the same company. HP numbers are in the 550=600 range he claimed...
Old 09-20-2005, 07:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LiQiCE,Sep 19 2005, 11:02 PM
Worst experience with a redneck ever:

On our June (???) Mid-A S2Ki cruise we were down in Haymarket, VA. Apparently this area is not very developed yet and there are a lot of 'rednecks'. We got many angry people in pickup trucks giving us the finger and screaming obscenities at us. But, the worst part of the day was that one asshole in a pickup truck going the opposite direction was angry at us and he held his head out the window and was shaking his hands at his and yelling obscenities ... He must have not been paying attention to the road because he came into the oncoming traffic lane. He forced my friend off the road into the shoulder which was full of pebbles ... and my friend lost control of his car while trying to correct the oversteer he was now in and when flying across the road onto the other side, and landed backwards in a ditch. Had there not been a ditch in the road he would have gone head on with a telephone pole or a tree. And the worst part was, the guy saw all this happen and he kept driving ... He could have killed my friend and would have probably gotten away with is.
That really sucks. Some people are major mental cases. You know that guy has some serious issues if he gets that bent out of shape just by seeing some people driving cars around.

I wouldn't say there's a geographical problem within VA -- I've seen nice people and jerks mixed in all over the place.

Craig