S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Techniques for Smokers Driving the S2K

Old 08-29-2003, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, "S2k Awe" is my hero. To know so much about so little is truly a gift. Not only does this moron compare second hand smoke to unregulated pool urine, he/she won't associate with inconsiderate smokers. Well, I think I can speak for all inconsiderate smokers when I say, "get a life!"....
Old 08-29-2003, 10:38 AM

Originally posted by S2k Awe

...I just love the ashes & butts plastered all over (and inside) my car ....

Just remember, there is no difference in second hand smoke than swimming in a pissed in pool.

Can someone say MAJOR exaggeration?

If you don't like the road dust and other contaminants getting inside your convertable then I'd suggest it's YOU that needs to keep the top up. And if some idiot flips a butt onto or into your car I'm sure you'd have the support of everyone one the board in commencing to shove said refuse up that person's a$$.

But, until then I promise I won't smoke in your car Mom.

PS - Ever think about taking it up again? Cigs really do have a clamming effect and might help with some of that pent up hostility you seem to be hanging onto.
Old 08-29-2003, 10:45 AM

BTW - I was getting a little crosswind at lunch so I wasn't able to try the windows up - top down approach. But I'll give it a go this weekend to see if I can notice a difference.

And as for the butts, an almost empty plastic soad bottle works well to contain the butts until they can be disposed of. But that sure looks crappy sitting around in the car.
Old 08-29-2003, 04:25 PM

Yes I smoke, and yes I bought the ashtray for the car. It was an expensive option for its size, but well worth it.

Zissis
Old 08-29-2003, 04:44 PM
Former Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

any idea how one lights up at highway speed.. even with the windows up!
Old 08-29-2003, 05:34 PM

I didn't know there was an option for an ashtray...

At any rate, I think S2K AWE has a point (albeit a little harshly expressed). I am not a smoker and never have been, so I don't know about this 'pleasure' of smoking in the car, but I'll take your guys' word for it.

I do get a little concerned, however, whenever I am driving on the freeway and some inconsiderate person throws their cig out the window right onto my car. It doesn't matter what I'm driving, if it hits my car I get a little miffed. Especially if the cig is still glowing.

I have a question, though. Even if you flick your cigarettes and ashes out the window, don't you exhale the smoke while you're in the car? If you happen to have the top up and only that little window cracked, I would think your car would inherit the smell of cigarette smoke...
Old 08-29-2003, 06:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the ash tray to. It helps greatly. With the top down I just hold the cigeratte in the ash tray when Im not taking a drag. Keeps the ashes from flying around. Car still stinks like smoke all the time. I noticed cleaning the windows really well gets rid of some of the smoke smell.
My worst fear was always that if I flicked the cigeratte out or ashed with the top down, it might land on the convertable top behind me and burn a hole.
Old 08-29-2003, 06:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh yeah, not leaving the butts in the ash tray also cut back on the smell.
Old 08-29-2003, 06:54 PM

Originally posted by HondaGal
any idea how one lights up at highway speed.. even with the windows up!

when my zippo runs out of fluid, i've mastered how to light my cig with matches even with the top down, on the highway.

don't ask me how i do it, i'll just tell you it's practice.
Old 08-29-2003, 07:04 PM

I smoke cigars in the S all the time, I found a ashtray at a convenience store that fits in the cup holder, has a lid with spring latch and get this it was $2.99 and to top it off it says "Type S Touring" on it. I actually have 2 one that's just plain and a new one that is blue anodized top. Will post pics if anyone wants to check it out.

Quick Reply: Techniques for Smokers Driving the S2K