S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

tell me what ya think

Old 11-14-2007, 03:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kologist,Nov 14 2007, 08:11 AM
they probably just stole those pics from someone who have a real amuse R1 and posted it in their add. from what i have seen the replica amuse R1s out there are have very poor fitment and cheap brittle fiberglass. the motor class replica i saw was ok but the other replica i saw that was another brand was terrible and a waste of money. it will cost more to make it fit if it even possible to make it fit than to just buy a real one.
Yeah Robert, you already know that I produce this piece. The pictures are not stolen, and that is the bumper that Elson (Sinji) now has. The actual one pictured. Ask anyone who has requested one of these from me. I disclose everything and even had you come check it out yourself. The one Elson (Sinji) now has is the prototype one. There were two made, and the employees half a$$ed and cut and made it all bad. Needless to say, they were fired. The batch you came to see was out sourced because I fell behind and the dude was not as good as he claimed. Those will be fixed and everything, but prices are fair. When I sell, I allow pick up and most of the time I meet people to make it easier. Never mis-lead anyone, or claimed it to be better unless I know it's perfect.

I know the bumper was not perfect, NEVER said it was, so just say it straight out. I don't need you to speak ill of it, like you were tricked into believing otherwise because it's disrespectful, and I've been as cool with you as you were to me. My character is everything to me, so if you really want to say something... Say it now!

PS: I've shipped only a couple of these and the people had them in the shop and submitted pictures and it looks great. I don't use them because I'm even trying to show the flaws that are obvious in the picture.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteS2k,Nov 14 2007, 02:08 PM
Hmmm... The company (or at least the bumper) is located in CA, but yet they will not sell in CA. Does that raise any flags?
Anyone can buy one. That was a default disclaimer for other products we manufacture.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by ShocK,Nov 14 2007, 02:11 PM
Even some of the amuse have super thin resin in areas and need work before being installed. Saw it first hand, cracked before they even took it out of the box.
Yes there are flaws with the original, and it is far more brittle than the piece I have. Fitment is not perfect either. For some reason, their piece varies. If "JDM" companies (Amuse, J's, etc...) can have issues and charge over 1g for their product, an independent guy like me should have some problems to work on right?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 11-15-2007, 01:08 AM

I understand that the lip may have been good, but when talking about this bumper, there are only two companies that manufacture it, and one is mine. The one you saw in person, was mine. So it was more of an implied statement that you made when you said "the other replica I saw".

I base all off my integrity and this is my product/business you're talking about when you say don't waste your money. It will not cost anywhere near what you think to prep the bumper, but if you chose not to then cool. Things were cool, so let's keep it that way. Let's not start that "don't get bent out of shape" stuff Robert. If you say, "sorry Fred", don't mock me by adding that in. Thanks for the good things about the lip, but let's drop this issue. I know there are issues and therefore have not sold to anyone other than those who know fully well about the problems, and still bought it.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 11-15-2007, 05:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Eh. 650 for an unpainted fiberglass bumper sounds like a lot to me.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:12 AM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gunshow - you can't use s2ki to advertise your S2K product without being a vendor... Even though you just came here to defend your product. Take it to pm's.

Closed.