S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

tell me why i shouldn't trade my s2 for an evo

Old 06-29-2006, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about the reliability of the evo? all i heard was that the clutch and the tranny sucks and doing a lot of clutch dumps will ruin it. i don't do that, so that's not an issue with me. anything else to know about the evo?
Old 06-29-2006, 08:13 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

You should go to the EVO forum and ask. Asking a bunch of S2000 owners?
Old 06-29-2006, 08:14 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Back-cracker,Jun 29 2006, 08:02 AM
Because Mitsubishi is going bankrupcy.
don't go with a company that could possibly not be there in about 5-8 years,
Old 06-29-2006, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by jkn1515,Jun 29 2006, 08:10 AM
what about the reliability of the evo? all i heard was that the clutch and the tranny sucks and doing a lot of clutch dumps will ruin it. i don't do that, so that's not an issue with me. anything else to know about the evo?
Honda will ALWAYS be reliable. As biased as that sounds its probably the truth. I have a bunch of friends who own evo's and they seem to like the car but they're always telling me about the problems that they have with the tranny/clutch, even without the clutch dumps, whereas the only problem we have with our car is that it costs so much to mod it.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:24 AM

[/QUOTE]
You should go to the EVO forum and ask. Asking a bunch of S2000 owners?
what's wrong with asking s2ki? everyone's been so nice on this forum about everything that i thought i could ask this question here too. yeah i can go to an evo forum, but i just wanted to hear from people who actually love the s2k why i shouldn't get the evo to help me make a decision. but thanks for the advice.

Honda will ALWAYS be reliable. As biased as that sounds its probably the truth. I have a bunch of friends who own evo's and they seem to like the car but they're always telling me about the problems that they have with the tranny/clutch, even without the clutch dumps, whereas the only problem we have with our car is that it costs so much to mod it.
yeah that's what i've been hearing too... i really like that i haven't had any problems with my car the whole time that i owned it. looks like i'm leaning closer and closer to keeping my car. maybe i should just pick up a honda fit for my surfing and snowboarding!!
Old 06-29-2006, 08:27 AM

you can pick up more chicks with an S it's really up to you some S owners went and got Evo I don't want to name any of them but they know who they are. They seem pretty excited when they got it. to which ever decision you make
Old 06-29-2006, 08:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mad_Paradox,Jun 29 2006, 08:27 AM
you can pick up more chicks with an S it's really up to you some S owners went and got Evo I don't want to name any of them but they know who they are. They seem pretty excited when they got it. to which ever decision you make

i don't ever hear girls saying... that's a nice EVO

but whatever you do, jut make sure you are happy
Old 06-29-2006, 08:39 AM

haha that's true. evo's aren't exactly chick magnets. most girls i kno hate that car, cuz "that spoiler is so ugly!!"

right now, the s2k makes me smile every morning. i love the car and i know i'll regret it if i sell it. so i will keep it (and mooch off my friends for rides to bear or newport!!). thanks for sharing your thoughts - i almost did something stupid today. haha
Old 06-29-2006, 08:44 AM

evo is a good car. i thought about getting it both times before puchasing my 04 and 06.

the evo engine is solid and reliable, but any car that you continue to dump the clutch on will ruin it to a certain degree..

if you really need the more room, then go for it. it'll be a fun car on the road and on track as well..
Old 06-29-2006, 08:51 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I was considering an Evo when I purchased my S. I didn't get it for the sole reason of buying it used. I don't think I would purchase a used Evo or STi. I'm sure they are more reliable than I am giving them credit for, it's just for peace of mind. The roadster feeling of the S is to die for.

Quick Reply: tell me why i shouldn't trade my s2 for an evo