S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

that's it....i quit...almost

Old 11-07-2000, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was excited when i saw the scrathes and swirls dissapear last night under a bright flourescent light.

i knew the sun would be a better judge. waddaya know, more swirls than b4 but lighter...will go at it again tonight. after seeing song's black stook...i was a bit relieved cause there's swirls all over it as well (sorry song, i'm picky). my question is this...

is it impossible to remove the swirls?

i don't think i'll ever buy another used black car...hehe
Old 11-07-2000, 01:17 PM

My new black S2000 was, and still is, covered with swirl marks. I've tried 3M swirl remover on another black car and if anything I made it worst. Waxing helps a little. Just live with it try to enjoy the shine of a good waxing is my advice.
Old 11-07-2000, 01:22 PM
Community Organizer

Received 91 Likes on 76 Posts

I still stand by my last remark. If you know a good shop they can use a buffer to make a glass like finish. Though know you can't put back paint to the finish.....unless you go to MACKO Just kidding!
Old 11-07-2000, 01:23 PM

Zaino did the best job as yet on the wife's black V6 and as big as it is there's alot of black surfaces to see swirlys. They still show but not as bad. I'll never own another black car. Too much work. I washed and Zainoed the damn thing last night and sh*t if it didn't rain on it today. Here we go again.
Old 11-07-2000, 01:26 PM

okay then...anyone know any good shops in the bay area?
Old 11-07-2000, 02:23 PM
SaV

Go to Cars Dawydiak in San Francisco at Bush and Franklin. I once crashed my S (long story) and they did the body work and the paint to exactly the way it came off the truck. Even had my emblems shaved off as well. And if you don't think they would do a good job, they also work with Vipers, Ferraris, Porches, and all other exotics. My car was the only Japanese car there. One last note, it "might" be expensive, but hey, if you're under 20 and own two cars money isn't an object right? Holla at me if you are ever in Frisco . . .Latez!
Old 11-07-2000, 03:13 PM

enLihtninBoy - as I mentioned in a previous post, under the harsh afternoon sunlight, you can see the marks. During the morning and evening hours, it looks fine. Also, from a few feet away you cannot tell.

My attitude? Just enjoy the car. It's not a showcar. I had a black Maxima once. The only time it didn't have any marks was when I had the front freshly painted after an incident involving corrosive stuff being dripped on it.

Basically, even if you were able to get all the swirls out the first time you dust, wipe, or otherwise clean the car, they would be back. Black does show more. But again, it doesn't have to be perfect to look awesome.

I'm more concerned about all the little microscopic chips that you cannot see until the light is just right, they bug the hell out of me.
Old 11-07-2000, 03:40 PM

i hear ya song...
Old 11-07-2000, 04:04 PM

So Enlight and Song, I am strongly considering picking the all black S2000. Is it that bad to maintain? Or are you guys just REALLY anal about the looks of your paint? I'm anal, too, but black does look good when clean.
Old 11-07-2000, 04:10 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by benjaminchoi:
[B]So Enlight and Song, I am strongly considering picking the all black S2000.

Quick Reply: that's it....i quit...almost