S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Thinking of getting another yellow S, this one for my wife

Old 11-19-2002, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of getting another yellow S, this one for my wife

Side by sides, my yellow S2000 with what could be my wife's new car. What do you think? Another yellow S with a black top, but a MINI Cooper S for her? Delivery in about 3 months if we want it? It's either this or a 2003 Accord, but this seems more fun and for less money? Would I end up wanting to drive my wife's car more than mine? Do you think they would look good together in our driveway? We are thinking about putting down a grand and have one built and shipped. Decisions, decisions. Would you guys do this, or the Accord? Those are really the only two cars we are looking at.

We want to have two fun and practical cars.
Old 11-19-2002, 01:06 PM

honda got the better yellow
Old 11-19-2002, 01:19 PM

my girlfriend is buying a car right now, and although she's not looking at the cooper, we are looking at a lot of cars. She has leaned towards the 2003 Accord Coupe V6. It's a nice car, and I tend to think it would be a great purchase. Perhaps the mini might be a little more "fun," but you will need a somewhat practical car no? So why not go with the Accord? I like the lines of the new style. Although many have expressed their dislikes of the new accord, I actually like it.

We were also looking at the Acura RSX, Acura TSX (the 4-door yet-to-be-released version of the RSX), Infiniti G35 Coupe (none to test drive), Lexus IS300, Nissan 350Z (one not avail. for test drive), VW Jetta, and the Accord.

She likes the Accord for price, amenities, gas milage, and all that.

good luck in your decision though...
Old 11-19-2002, 01:19 PM

oh yeah, and the honda's yellow is MUCH better, hahaha
Old 11-19-2002, 01:32 PM

Yes, I agree, the Honda yellow is waaayy better. As for a practical car, we have no kids and don't plan on any (knock on wood). The back seat of the MINI is plenty big for when we have guests. Our past cars have been Mustangs, Trans Ams, Daytonas, Toyota 4x4 trucks, Fiero, so, this car will actually have one of the largest back seats in a car that we've ever owned .

I think it's very practical, plus you can sure add on a lot of goodies due to the MCS low price. And, this things covered with air bags and safety options, seems to be pretty safe.

We will be spending more time with the MINI and the new Accords. These are really the only two car models that both of us like! I do want her to have fun though, which is why I'm leaning towards the MINI, so is she. I offered to take her by Honda on the way home to look at the Accords again (she currently has a 2000 Accord), she wasn't interested, but I think it's still under consideration.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:44 PM

I got to sit in one and I really liked the Mini. I think that would be a fun car to drive.
On the down side, you need to take a look at the Mini from the front with your friends in the car. Now that's not a pretty sight. (My friends are all fairly large >6' >200lbs) It's almost comedic.
Old 11-19-2002, 06:05 PM

If you want a "yeller" Mini, looks like they have 3 of them already - no need to have them built you another - is there?

This came up on the BMW mailing list I am on - a guy looking to get an "S". I think they are cute and look like a fun car, but for the same money (less, actually) you can get a WRX. I think I would rather have that w/AWD than a "cute" Cooper S. You can get a sedan or a wagon, manual transmission, all wheel drive, goes like stink - and priced right. Around here, the Mini dealer (only one for MILES) starts at $1000 over MSRP and you have to talk them down closer to MSRP - no discounts that I have heard of. There are some other cars I can think of that would be nice that are in the same price ranges as a Cooper S.

Besides, I love the latest WRX TV ad - the guys driving listening to "RADAR Love" and the guy turns DOWN the stereo when they get "to the good part".

Dennis

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tidalwdave
[B]We are thinking about putting down a grand and have one built and shipped.
Old 11-19-2002, 06:07 PM

sounds like she's jealous of your car...might as well get her a S2000 too...better yet, cough up the cash and get her a boxster...she is your wifey...
Old 11-19-2002, 07:49 PM

I love the new mini.. Having driven both models of the Mini, I can say that the Cooper S is a very fun car. I would recommend getting the sport package with the 17" rims. Good choice on cars.
Old 11-19-2002, 08:16 PM

i hate the mini... i look at grown men driving and i laugh... i know its wrong, but i just think the car is WAY too wall (prepare to get flamed)... i'd go w/ the accord

-stek

Quick Reply: Thinking of getting another yellow S, this one for my wife