S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

For those with ProFlow TB's

Old 10-30-2000, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed my new TB on Saturday and for the life of me I can't get the car to idle right. I've adjusted the TPS to 4.75v and no luck, now it's at 4.60v and getting better. What I mean by getting better is that after warming to temp. it no longer re-adjusts whenever I come to a red light; but it did idle rough when first started. I've disconnected the battery, I've started and let it adjust several times(in hopes that the computer will adjust for the new air flow) but still I'm having problems. Has any one had similiar problems? OH, on top of all this my fans don't come on anymore. They did right after install but not now....
Old 10-30-2000, 10:49 AM

My car is at 4.50, and works perfect. Hope this helps.
Old 10-30-2000, 10:58 AM

I did not have any issues and did not need to reset the voltages.

I'd say to reseat all of the cables - the TPS and the MAP. Did you put back all of the hoses too? I wound up popping one off that was in the way, but re-connected it when I was done. Did you remember the little O-ring for the MAP sensor? Mine was stuck on my original TB and needed a little pin to pop it out. Did you remember the to install it with the gasket?

The only thing electronic that was different than before was the TPS. If you were #8 on the list, you have mine and I had no problems and only have about 7k in mileage...

Maybe unscrew the TPS and rotate it back and forth to clean the resistive element and set it again to the proper setting.

I would say to reseat all electrical elements.

Maybe some of the sages on the board will answer you with advice other than the obligatory rtfm or I told you so...

Do you still have the original? Did you put it back to see if it still had issues?
Old 10-30-2000, 10:58 AM

I sent my own throttle body to ProFlow. I measured the voltage before at 4.69 (closed)
and .46 wot. After it was returned it measured 4.70 and .50 respectively. I am not having any trouble with the idle and it has settled at about 950 rpms.
Old 10-30-2000, 01:41 PM

after how many starts did it correct itself, 1,2 more? Or did it start right up and idle perfect right away?
I've checked and re-checked and all is tight and well connected. This was my original TB that I sent to them and unfortunately I did not have the original readings now to go by.
Old 10-30-2000, 01:48 PM

what's TPS?
Old 10-30-2000, 01:50 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by warpspeed:
[B]after how many starts did it correct itself, 1,2 more? Or did it start right up and idle perfect right away?
I've checked and re-checked and all is tight and well connected. This was my original TB that I sent to them and unfortunately I did not have the original readings now to go by.
Old 10-30-2000, 01:58 PM

TPS = Throttle Position Sensor

koejing
Old 10-30-2000, 02:10 PM

7564, I followed Pepe's directions to a tee, except that I did not have a voltage meter to read the original settings. This in itself is probably my problem and I'll have to keep adusting the TPS position until I get it right. In do now have a meter to do this. On another note, are your radiator fans ever running after a long drive, after shutting down the engine. Mine don't and I'm wondering if this is normal. The temp gauge only reads 3 bars.
Old 10-30-2000, 05:38 PM

Originally posted by warpspeed:
On another note, are your radiator fans ever running after a long drive, after shutting down the engine. Mine don't and I'm wondering if this is normal. The temp gauge only reads 3 bars.
I can't remember. I know if the car is idling after a long ride or warming up in the morning the fan will kick on. But, can't recall if I shut the engine off immediately upon arriving and the fan kicks on... Maybe someone else can chime in on that one.

I'd suggest maybe emailing Pepe...

Quick Reply: For those with ProFlow TB's