S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Ticking noise from rear window

Old 06-14-2005, 03:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticking noise from rear window

Hello, my MY05 has a ticking noise from the rear window area. When I gently push my hand against the rear window or just on the roof area to the left or right from the window the ticking noise is gone. It's just like ticking with your finger nail against the glass. The dealer inspected everything on the inside and outside, made a few testdrives, sprayed all the rubbers etc but the ticks remain and we can see nothing that could cause the sound It's not the ticking sound from the roof mechanism which is explained in another topic, I had that too and it is fixed with some soft rubber. Thanks for any help and suggestions
Old 06-14-2005, 11:16 AM

I've always had a bit of a tick or rattle on my '02 rear window. It's caused by some velcro that's on the outside of the ridge of material that encircles the window. Basically, the velcro taps against the glass as you drive. I've never figured out a way to fix it but since my top is up so seldom, I just decided to ignore it.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:52 PM

I bet it's the rubbing of seat belt against leather. I had the same problem, drove me nuts. This is a very quite common problem. To test out this theory, just take the seatbelt out of the slot and let in rest on top of the retainer. Make sure there's no contact between the seatbelt and the seat. Noise should be gone.

Give it a shot and holla back with the result.
Old 06-14-2005, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lionheart,Jun 14 2005, 03:54 AM
Hello, my MY05 has a ticking noise from the rear window area. When I gently push my hand against the rear window or just on the roof area to the left or right from the window the ticking noise is gone. It's just like ticking with your finger nail against the glass. The dealer inspected everything on the inside and outside, made a few testdrives, sprayed all the rubbers etc but the ticks remain and we can see nothing that could cause the sound It's not the ticking sound from the roof mechanism which is explained in another topic, I had that too and it is fixed with some soft rubber. Thanks for any help and suggestions
I have the exact same problem....that clicking is there since I drove off the dealer lot

I didnt bother to get the dealer to look at it cos I didnt think they could figure out what it is anyways...
Old 09-29-2005, 03:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the same noise too....from day one
Old 09-29-2005, 07:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Me too - same exact issue. I think they put it there on purpose to get us to pull our heads out of our asses and put the top down!
Old 09-29-2005, 07:12 PM

Same problem here on my '03 . Usually at highway speeds only though (55 mph and over) . I just ignore it or put the top down .
Old 09-29-2005, 07:49 PM

Wait! the car comes with a TOP!?!

Didn't really have anything useful to contribute, but just couldn't resist.

Please return to your regularly scheduled thread...
Old 09-29-2005, 09:30 PM

i have a ticking noise but its on my driver side window area. it seems like its coming from the vert top. the part where alot of the bars join. when i put the window down it clicks alot more. when i press on the joints the noise stops. its just like the clicking noise yall are describing but its definately on my driver side vert top joints.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:11 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine has a horrid rattle that developed recently. It does it only with the top down.

Quick Reply: Ticking noise from rear window