S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Tire Flatspotting During Winter Storage

Old 10-18-2000, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by S2000 Driver:
I would like to take my car out for a 20 - 30 minute drive every 4 - 5 weeks over the course of the winter (weather permitting) to work the motor and tranny.
I also think the manual states you should use the air conditioner for some ten minutes a month to keep it lubricated. So a short spin once a month is probably just what the doctor ordered, and it's good for you too.
Old 10-18-2000, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stored my NSX during the winter and the only service I performed was changing the oil and filter and a full tank of gas. I rolled it ahead and back once a week (without starting it). The RE010 Bridgestone tires did not flatspot. Discussion on the NSX list suggested to not start the car because most wear occurs at this time. Also leave the hand brake off. And cover it if possible.

Paul
'00 Silver/Black #238
Old 10-18-2000, 09:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Putting the tires in trash bags ?!? Please ! Why not take the tires off every time you get to work and every time you get home and put them in trash bags. Afterall the ozone works on tires in summer as much as in winter. THAT IS TOO MUCH!

Here in Wyoming, I plan to keep it under a dust cover and to drive it a bit every month even in snowy February or March or April. After all, this car is too much fun to not enjoy some all year. Luckily I'm getting it to drive for fun and never HAVE to drive it.

Barry