S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Too many S2KS?

Old 08-19-2001, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What happens to market value, trade in value and pride in unique ownership when there are more and more of these GREAT cars on the road. It's only a matter of time and a saturation point will be reached. Does Honda plan on continued limited production?

Must be a Sunday night philosophical thing...???
Old 08-19-2001, 09:21 PM

The more S2k's, the more faces that
look like ===> on the road.
That is fine by me! I'd rather everyone were happy on the road enjoying their S2000 than some POS.
just my 2 cents and a half.
Old 08-19-2001, 09:26 PM

the more the merrier!
Old 08-20-2001, 03:02 AM

Seems like I always have to be the dissenting voice. Part of my love for my car, is that it's one of the few like it around. This is why I really have no interest in attending owners' meets, I don't want to see anyone else's but mine! Yes it's a pleasure to know others are enjoying the pleasures this car brings, but I'd prefer there were fewer, not more, out there!
Old 08-20-2001, 03:24 AM

Hey Duncan, judging by your vin # you were one of the earliest owners, probably late '99. If you remember back then there was no aftermarket available for our cars. Now, with 10,000 or so out there, you can find more and more aftermarket upgrades for the car. Just adding a little something to the positive side of the scale.
Old 08-20-2001, 04:10 AM

I have noticed possibly slower sales. The dealer near my house has had a yellow and a red S2K sitting up front for the last three weeks. Could explain why Honda was limiting production. There aren't a lot of peolpe who are willing or who can spend $34K on something that you can't haul people around in, put your golf clubs in or go shopping in.
Old 08-20-2001, 05:14 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2KXLR8N
[B]I have noticed possibly slower sales.
Old 08-20-2001, 05:23 AM

I like the fact that if there are more s2ks, there will be more aftermarket products.
Old 08-20-2001, 05:27 AM

It's an AWESOME car but with a limited audience. That will bring the value down - trade-in, outright resale, balance sheet and /or Honda seeing the saturation and dropping MSRP to boost sales.

How can WE bring up the value of this ride or sustain it? I know you can't put a monetary value on enjoyment, which this car delivers in 9000 revs per minute, but I just want to protect the $ value as long as possible...
Old 08-20-2001, 09:19 AM

Originally posted by XRMD
What happens to market value, trade in value and pride in unique ownership when there are more or more of these GREAT cars on the road. It's only a matter of time and a saturation point will be reached. Does Honda plan on continued limited production?

Must be a Sunday night philosophical thing...???
Just my opinion, but re-sale value has very little to do with my car purchase. A car is a money sync...no matter how you look at it. Once you count up gas, insurace, maintance, etc....you will never make your money back. A car that hold it's value 20% better then another car is gonna make no real difference.

The S2000 is a great car, but not an expensive car...so you are bound to see more and more of them. This is to me is a good sign and it means we may see a lot more great, cheaper sports cars from japan and europe...I can't wait. Maybe it will light a fire under some domestic manufactures arses too and they will stop making big boats, with big engines and call em sports cars!! *cough* *mustang* *cough*

Overall, if he S2000 flourishes along with the WRX, the New Z and other sports cars and sedans...the more we are gonna get. I can't wait to see EVO's, WRX STi, Silvias, Skylines, TVR's, and other great cars on the road instead of exploders, and suburbans. Let's try not to get all high and mighty about the S2000 and instead look at it as an ambassador for many great RWD sports cars to follow!! Long live the sports car...death to the SUV!!

Quick Reply: Too many S2KS?