S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Too Many Stolen Seats - Kodokan's Coming Back!

Old 10-26-2017, 07:07 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

My wheels, steering wheel and airbag was stolen. I have seat locks, so I cant tell you if they wanted them and could not take them, or if they just did not want them.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:10 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000TrackCar
My wheels, steering wheel and airbag was stolen. I have seat locks, so I cant tell you if they wanted them and could not take them, or if they just did not want them.
Yikes...might as well taken the seats too sheesh... glad the locks worked though...
Old 10-26-2017, 08:25 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by hoobastnk90
Yikes...might as well taken the seats too sheesh... glad the locks worked though...
I actually had a spare wheels and tire (track tires) steering wheel, SRS reel and airbag. So the car was back on the road that morning and under lock and key from that point forward. The Prodrive GC07 they took is what really pissed me off.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:46 AM

Received 285 Likes on 220 Posts

I want a set. Tried to email him and his mailbox on S2KI is full.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Seat Locks

As a suggestion (assuming that these are forever NLA), the 07 S2000 I recently acquired has the bolt on the drivers seat (outboard/front) apparently either a Phillips/Allen/Torx which has had the "indentation" where you'd place the tool to remove it filled with epoxy. Certainly would defeat a thief, but also make it very difficult if I wanted to remove that seat.
Although I'm not familiar with what "seat locks" are commercially available, what ought to be a reasonable option would be a Torx Pan Head machine screw in a M8x1.25 thread size. Unlikely that a thief would be carrying around a Torx driver to remove such a bolt. I found and bought some of those if anyone's interested.
The following users liked this post:
S2K_VS (06-25-2018)
Old 11-04-2017, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Coloradocurt
Although I'm not familiar with what "seat locks" are commercially available, what ought to be a reasonable option would be a Torx Pan Head machine screw in a M8x1.25 thread size. Unlikely that a thief would be carrying around a Torx driver to remove such a bolt. I found and bought some of those if anyone's interested.
Here are a couple shots of those machine screws.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What grade are these? Seems we’ve discussed other options before but finding the right grade wasn’t easy.

Here are a couple shots of those machine screws.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by dubojr1
What grade are these? Seems we’ve discussed other options before but finding the right grade wasn’t easy.
I've tossed that question back to the supplier, and if/when I get the answer I'll post it, but......................
I wouldn't advocate using these with any more than one on each seat, and that would be in the front/door-side position. That ought to at least provide a measure of discouragement for any potential theft in the 1st location he'd likely start on, while minimizing the loss of mechanical integrity provided by the other three OEM bolts. That's something each owner would need to assess for himself.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:58 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

As a suggestion (assuming that these are forever NLA), the 07 S2000 I recently acquired has the bolt on the drivers seat (outboard/front) apparently either a Phillips/Allen/Torx which has had the "indentation" where you'd place the tool to remove it filled with epoxy. Certainly would defeat a thief, but also make it very difficult if I wanted to remove that seat.
Where did you find the bolts? If it's just McMaster Carr I can just order a few for my car, they deliver to where I work the same day if I place my order in the morning. If you still have the McMaster Item number, please post it for me.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In on this thread, in case theres some new development.

Quick Reply: Too Many Stolen Seats - Kodokan's Coming Back!